Table of Contents
Thule Bike Rack – Which is the right choice for you and your car?
Bike racks come in many sizes and shapes; you can choose any one that fits your car and needs. The Thule Bike Rack collection has solutions for almost any car body and shape. From a mid-size sedan to a full-size truck, Thule has bike racks. Each car’s body and loading capacity is different, and you need to choose the one suitable for your car and the number of bikes you need to carry. Although many bike rack manufacturers exist, you will find Thule Bike Rack as the best and most trusted brand.
Which Thule Bike Rack is suitable for you?
You will have to find the right fit depending on the type of car you drive, the type of luggage (boot/trunk) access you need, and the number of bikes you need to carry.
Bike Rack for a Sedan Car:
Sedans are one of the most common cars. Due to their low roof height and lesser towing capacity, people seldom put hitch receivers or hitches on them. However, the low roof height gives them a unique edge over other vehicles. It is easier to reach and access the roof; hence, the Roof Bike Rack is the best roof rack for a sedan. A car’s roof rails can weigh anywhere from 150 pounds to 300 pounds. Your bike weighs only a fraction of this loading capacity.
Thule roof bike racks are designed only to hold the bike from its wheels. It is imperative if you are carrying bikes with carbon frames. Wheels are the sturdiest on a bicycle, and these roof racks securely lock and hold both front and rear wheels. Additionally, with Thule’s “Up Ride Fat bike Adapter” (sold separately), you can also use this rack to transport a fat bike.
It would be best if you chose a Roof Top Bike Rack:
- If you own a low-height car – like a sedan.
- You wish to carry your bike without the rack touching its frame.
- You carry a wide range of bikes, from thin wheels all the way to fat bikes.
- Unobstructed access to the trunk of your car.
Bike Rack for SUVs and most Hatchbacks:
The height of an SUV is more than a sedan, and it is impractical to use a rooftop bike rack. Thule Bike Rack has a solution for SUVs and hatchbacks – Trunk Bike Racks. With Thule trunk bike racks, you can transport your bikes in the rear of your vehicle without using a hitch. The bike rack attaches securely to the trunk of your SUV or a hatchback, and you can mount up to 2 bikes. These bike racks are built strong, can absorb shocks, and maintains about 7 inches of space between your vehicle’s trunk and the bikes themselves.
It would be best if you chose a Trunk Bike Rack:
- If the roof of your vehicle is high.
- If you do not have a hitch.
- If you wish to transport up to 2 bikes securely.
- You want to store your bike rack away when not in use with ease.
Thule Bike Racks for vehicles with hitches:
If you have a hitch mounted on your vehicle or if you wish to mount one on the back of your vehicle, you should opt for hitch mount bike racks. These bike racks can accommodate up to 5 bikes and come in various bike-holding styles. You can choose the ones that hold your bikes securely by the wheels or the frame.
It would be best if you chose a hitch-mounted bike rack:
- If you carry more than one bike.
- If you wish to use your vehicle’s trunk fully.
- If you have bikes of different sizes.
- You want to load and unload your bikes quickly.
- You prefer a bike rack system that can be mounted or removed easily.
- You want to keep the interior of your car tidy.
Truck bed bike racks:
Truck bed bike racks are specially made for trucks carrying your precious bikes. You can mount these inside your truck bed or on the tailgate pad. These racks are the easiest to mount, and your bikes stay inside the bed of your truck. As with all bike racks, these come with locks; you can leave your bikes in your truck without worrying about stoles (well, we all know thieves can be stubborn, so be wary of your surroundings).
It would be best if you chose a truck bed bike rack:
- If you own a truck and wish to use your hitch receiver for towing or any other purpose.
- If you do not have a hitch installed on your truck.
- You are looking for an easy-to-mount and unmount bike rack.
Whether you are just starting to ride a bike or are a seasoned biker, you should invest in a bike rack to transport your bike securely and conveniently from point A to point B and back. Thule Bike Rack is the best when it comes to bike racks.
The Premium Thule bike rack hitch provides superior bike protection and multiple size options to fit the needs of two people or an entire family.
Available also in:
- Premium hanging Thule Apex XT Bike Hitch Rack (4 bikes).
- Superior bike stability and fit.
- Antisway cradles prevent bike contact.
- Quickly attach and secure bikes with a ratcheting cradle strap.
- Bike arms fold down when not in use.
- The rack tilts down for rear-of-vehicle access.
- Ideal for a wide variety of bike sizes/frame styles.
Integrated Cable Lock
A heavy-duty integrated cable lock lets you lock the bikes to the rack—the cable stores inside the hitch rack when not in use.
Safe and Secure
7″ of spacing between each bike provides for safe and secure transport.
The Thule Apex XT Bike Hitch Rack offers Superior bike stability and fits with an integrated anti-sway cradle that prevents bike-to-bike contact and ‘disappears’ when not needed.
Dual Folding Arms
Effortlessly fold down bike arms when the rack is not in use.
Easy Access to Rear of Vehicle
The Hitch Switch lever tilts the carrier away from the vehicle for trunk, hatch, or tailgate access.
SnugTite Stinger provides a tool-free installation, eliminates hitch rack movement, and locks the hitch rack to the vehicle.
The Thule EasyFold XT 2 is a fully foldable, compact, and easy-to-use hitch-mounted bike rack for all types of bikes. The large distance between wheel holders enables the transport of sturdy bikes with large wheelbases. Folded dimensions 31 x 12 x 26 inches.
- Premium, high-load capacity bike rack ideal for e-bikes and heavy mountain bikes
- Integrated folding bike loading ramp
- It fits 1.25″ and 2″ receivers
- Fast and effortless tool-free installation
- Quickly attach and secure bikes with torque-limiting knobs and ratcheting wheel straps.
- Fully foldable design with transport wheels and a carry handle
- Easy trunk access with intelligent foot pedal tilt
Detachable bike arms with Thule AcuTight torque limiter knobs for an easy, secure fit
Bike loading ramp
The foldable loading ramp integrates into the rack for convenient storage (included).
They are designed for convenient mounting, handling, and storage, complete with a carrying handle.
Lock your bikes to the bike rack and the bike rack to the receiver (locks included).
Easily Folds Up
The hitchSwitch lever folds the carrier vertically when not in use.
The HitchSwitch lever also tilts the carrier away from the vehicle for rear hatch access.
Load Bikes Quickly
Frame-free ratcheting arm secures bikes easily over the front wheel without any frame contact.
Adjust the bike mounting position horizontally to eliminate bike-to-bike interference.
Includes SnugTite Lock for locking the rack to the receiver hitch.
4 Bike Compatible
Carries up to 4 bikes with Thule T2 Classic Bike Add-on (sold separately, #9044, 2″ receiver only).
About this item
- Secure bikes quickly without frame contact with the frame-free ratcheting arm.
- Eliminate bike interference by adjusting side to side to create generous spacing between bike mounts
- Ideal for carbon frames, mountain, downhill, and fat bikes as it fits 20 – 29″ wheels and up to 5″ tires without adapters
- Convenient access to the vehicle’s rear when bikes are loaded – rack tilts away from the vehicle via HitchSwitch lever.
- Bike rack locks to the vehicle with SnugTite Lock included. Load capacity – 120 Pounds
The heavy-duty Thule T2 Pro XT Hitch bike rack has been an award winner for years, but we have not stopped there. The new Thule T2 Pro XTR now features integrated wheels to make it even easier to maneuver the rack when it is off your vehicle.
Easily access the rear of your vehicle with the HitchSwitch lever, which allows you to tilt the rack down for access or up when not in use.
Integrated locking systems make for safe and secure bike transport. The Thule T2 Pro XTR fits nearly all styles of bikes up to 60 lbs – an ideal solution for carbon frames, mountain e-bikes, fat bikes, kids’ bikes, and more.
- Versatile design fits nearly all styles of bikes up to 60 lbs each with zero frame contact.
- Integrated wheels help to maneuver the rack when it is off the vehicle.
- The HitchSwitch lever allows you to tilt the rack down for rear vehicle access or tilt it up when not in use.
- It fits 20 – 29″ wheels and up to 5″ tires without adapters, making it ideal for carbon frames, mountain, downhill, or fat bikes.
- Integrated cable locks secure bikes to the rack, and the locking knob locks the rack to the hitch receiver.
- Generous 12.5″ spacing between bikes with the ability to adjust side to side to eliminate bike interference
- AutoAttach system makes installation and removal simple and tool-free
- Carries up to 4 bikes with Thule T2 Pro XT Add-On (sold separately, 9036XTB, 2″ receiver only)
The Thule Passage 2-Bike and 3-Bike Trunk Mount Carriers have two and three bicycle-carrying capacities. They utilize Thule’s easy-to-use, patented FitDial hub adjustment system for a perfect fit to the vehicle exterior, quick installation, and an exclusive push-button feature for attaching and detaching carrier arms and twisting them to the side and down. Hence, they are out of the way when not in use.
Also Offered in Thule Passage Trunk Mount Carrier (3 Bikes)
They also feature soft rubberized cradles that lock down bikes while allowing complete adjustment along the bike arm and no-sway Cages that drastically minimize frame movement to keep the bicycles from colliding.
The Thule Passage also provides a super-stable fit to the vehicle with six straps, a classic black finish that looks great on any and every vehicle, and a maximum carrying capacity of 70 lbs.
- Soft Rubber cradles protect the bike frame while holding it securely.
- Stay-Put antisway cages to prevent bike-to-bike and bike-to-vehicle contact.
- Patented FitDial provides the perfect fit for your vehicle.
- Arms fold down when not in use.
- SoftCushion leg pads protect trunk and hatch; Dimensions: 22 x 17 x 34 inch, Folded dimensions:22 x 17 x 24 inch
- General rule: Thule strap racks fit vehicles with standard factory-installed spoilers unless otherwise specified. Thule cannot be responsible for fits on vehicles with aftermarket spoilers.
- If you have a bicycle with a non-conventional frame, such as a woman’s, child’s, or full-suspension bike, you may need a frame adapter to carry The bike on a hanging-style rear mount bike rack. Thule frame adapter: 982XT
- Load capacity: 105 pounds
Thule Gateway Pro trunk bike rack is designed to transport two bikes on a car’s rear quickly. Easily attach this hanging-style bike rack to the trunk or hatchback with a simple, tool-free installation. Integrated antisway cradles plus 7″ of spacing between bikes prevent contact while on the go. The trunk bike carrier also folds up flat for convenient storage. Get the bikes to the trail quickly and safely with the Thule Gateway Pro trunk-mounted bike rack.
Also Available in Thule Gateway Pro Trunk Bike Rack (3 Bikes)
- Solid and secure hanging-style trunk bike rack for 1-2 bikes
- Secure fit to the vehicle with a 6-strap tightening system.
- Integrated antisway cradles and 7″ of spacing between bikes prevent contact.’
- Compact cradle design accommodates a wide variety of bikes and frames
- Quick and easy, tool-free installation
- Lock bikes to the bike rack with an integrated cable lock.
- Bike rack arms adjust and fold down when not in use.
Thule Outway Trunk Mount Bike Rack trunk mount bike carrier provides robust attachment and fits many vehicles, including those with a spoiler.
- Thanks to a simple user interface and intuitive torque-limiting tightening system, quick and easy mounting to the car.
- Firm carrier hold and vehicle protection with twin hook attachment and rubber protection pads.
- Bike protection offers soft cradles that absorb road shock and vibrations.
- Bike protection with inter grated antisway system that prevents bike-to-bike and bike-to-vehicle contact.
The Thule Insta-Gater Pro truck bed bike rack is designed to carry a bike in the truck’s bed easily. Easily and securely carry a bike to any destination with a fully adjustable upright bike carrier.
The Thule InstaGater Pro securely holds a bike in place without frame contact. Quickly attach the bike with the easy-to-use ratcheting arm.
Ideal for carbon frames, mountain, downhill, e-bikes, and fat bikes, this bike rack fits 20 to 29 inches wheels and up to 5 inches wide tires. This truck bike carrier is easy to install with no bolting on drilling required and conveniently fits all truck tailgates.
- Fully adjustable, upright bike carrier for the inside of a truck bed
- Holds one bike up to 50 lbs
- Quickly attach the bike with the ratcheting arm
- Securely holds the bike in place without frame contact
- Ideal for carbon frames, mountain, downhill, e-bikes, and fat bikes
- Fits 20-29″ wheels; up to 5″ wide tires
- Lock bike to the rack with Thule’s One-Key System (lock included)
The Thule Circuit Low-Profile Fork-Mount Bike Rack offers security, convenience, and aerodynamic styling.
- Lockable skewer with single-side adjustment to secure the bike to the carrier for stable and secure bicycle transport(lock sold separately)
- Load Capacity 35 lbs. and Item Weight 6.8 Pounds.
- The d-shaped corrosion-resistant aluminum tray has a tool-free universal mounting, which makes it simple and easy to install
- Integrated high-wall wheel cradle with ratcheting strap provides protection and the perfect fit beneath your wheel.
- It fits all Thule rack systems, round bars, and factory racks.
- Works with 15 millimeters, 20 millimeters, and left forks with Adapter (53015, 53020, 530l-sold separately)
- Load capacity -15.9 kilograms; Dimensions -140 x 22 x 13 centimetre; Weight -2.8 kilograms; Fits round frame dimensions -All; Fits maximum wheel dimensions -3″
The Thule Helium Platform (2 Bike racks) has a corrosion-resistant, anodized aluminum construction that makes it easy to install and remove. It fits 26 “-29″ wheel sizes up to a 3” wide tire. It holds bikes up to 37.5 lbs.
Also Available in Thule Helium Platform Hitch Bike Rack (1 Bike)
- Securely holds bikes in place without frame contact.
- Aluminum construction makes it easy to use, install and remove.
- Quickly and securely attach bikes with ratcheting wheel loops.
- Effortlessly remove bikes with the integrated release handle.
- Fold bike arms down for compact storage when not in use.
- Quick and easy, tool-free installation.
The Thule FastRide Bike Rack Hitch is a sleek and versatile fork-mounted bike rack that offers convenient transport for Quick-release bikes.
- Easily mount standard Quick-release bikes (9 mm). Fits Thru-axle bikes (9-15mm) and 20x110mm Thru-axle bikes with additional adapters (sold separately)
- Accommodates bikes with disc brakes
- Safe mounting of Quick-release bikes thanks to Thule AcuTight torque limiter knob that clicks when optimal torque is reached
- Convenient and easy installation of fork adapter for a secure bike fit
- Thanks to the audible confirmation of correct mounting, the fork mount rack is easy and safe.
- Locks the bike to the bike rack and the bike rack to the roof racks (locks sold separately)
- Easy to switch carrier position from one side of the vehicle to the other
Thule T1 hitch bike rack is a rugged single-platform rack with frame-free clamping security for all types of bikes. This firm, secure, easy-to-use premium bike rack quickly attaches to your vehicle’s 1.25″ or 2″ hitch receiver.
The hitch bike carrier locks the bike to the rack and the rack to the car with included locks. This platform bike rack can hold a bike with 5″ tires without an adapter.
The travel bike carrier is perfect for long-distance travel or a short trip to the local trailhead. The lightweight bike carrier folds down for rear-of-vehicle access and folds up when not in use. Get the bike to the destination quickly and safely with the Thule T1 hitch-mounted bike rack.
- No frame contact for maximum protection
- Fits bike frames 20-29″ and up to 5″ tires without adapters
- It fits both 1.25″ and 2″ hitch receivers
- Ideal for carbon frames, mountain, downhill, fat tire, and e-bikes
- The rack easily folds up when not in use
- Lock the bikes to the rack with included locks
The Thule Xsporter Pro Aluminum Truck Rack with Load Stops (part number 500XT) is essentially an extended roof that mounts to your bed rails, allowing you to carry kayaks, SUPs, bikes, or just about anything else that’s too long for either your truck bed or your truck roof on its own. You won’t have to drill anything to mount it; it adjusts without tools.
- Custom Adjust bar height provides maximum carrying versatility for easy loading, carrying, and storage.
- Air Trip technology is integrated into the bar to redirect airflow for superior aerodynamics.
- Wind Diffuser technology raised textured strip disturbs airflow for ultra-quiet road performance.
- Secure Lock locks the rack to the truck with four One-Key lock cylinders (included)
- The reinforced aluminum design provides the strength to carry up to 450 pounds.
The Thule ThruRide is a fork-mount bike rack that fits thru-axles without extra adapters. This rooftop bike carrier holds up to 35 lbs. while fitting 9mm quick-release hubs and a bike with 12-20 mm thru-axles requiring no additional adapters. Easy bike loading on this top of the car, thanks to the expanding clamp that accommodates the bike’s thru-axle.
- Fork-mount bike rack designed to fit thru-axles without extra adapters.
- It fits bikes with 12-20 mm thru-axles.
- Fits 9 mm quick-release hubs with included non-locking Adapter
- Easy bike loading thanks to the expanding clamp that accommodates the bike’s thru-axle
- Lock bike to rack and rack to vehicle (locks sold separately)
- T-track and around the bar tool-free mounting
- It fits all Thule rack systems and most factory racks