Table of Contents
RV Toilet Replacement: Average Costs and Factors to Consider
Are you looking to replace your RV toilet but unsure how much it will cost? Well, the answer is that it depends on a few factors.
Some toilets are more basic and affordable, while others offer additional features like water-saving capabilities or a sleeker design which can increase the cost.
Another factor is whether you plan to install the new toilet or hire a professional. If you’re handy with tools and have experience with plumbing, you may be able to save some money by doing it yourself. However, hiring a professional plumber may be worth the investment if you’re unsure about the installation process or want to ensure it’s done correctly.
Finally, there may be additional costs, such as shipping fees or taxes, that should be taken into consideration when budgeting for your RV toilet replacement.
Reasons for RV toilet replacement
RV toilet replacement may be necessary for a variety of reasons. One of the most common reasons is wear and tear. Over time, RV toilets can become damaged or worn out due to regular use. Cracks, leaks, and other issues can develop, making it difficult or impossible to use the toilet properly. In such cases, replacing the toilet is often the best solution.
Another reason for RV toilet replacement is upgrading to a newer model. Many RV owners replace their older toilets with newer models offering improved features and functionality. For example, newer RV toilets may be more efficient regarding water usage or have additional features like built-in bidets.
In some cases, RV toilet replacement may also be necessary due to damage caused by freezing temperatures. If an RV is left in cold weather without proper winterization, the water in the toilet tank and lines can freeze and cause damage. In such cases, replacing the toilet may be necessary to restore proper function.
Overall, there are several reasons why RV toilet replacement may be necessary, including wear and tear, upgrading to a newer model, and damage caused by freezing temperatures.
Types of RV Toilets and their costs
There are three main types of RV toilets: gravity flush, macerating, and composting.
Gravity flush toilets are the most common type of RV toilet. They work by using gravity to send waste to the holding tank below. These toilets are relatively inexpensive and easy to use. A gravity flush RV toilet can range from $100 to $500, depending on the brand and features.
Macerating toilets use a motorized blade to grind up waste before sending it to the holding tank. This type of toilet is more expensive than a gravity flush toilet, ranging from $500 to $1,500. However, macerating toilets are more efficient and can handle larger waste.
Composting toilets are becoming increasingly popular among RVers who want a more eco-friendly option. These toilets use natural processes to break down waste into compost, which can be safely disposed of in nature. Composting toilets are the most expensive option, ranging from $1,000 to $2,500.
It’s important to note that the cost of an RV toilet will depend on factors such as brand, features, and installation fees.
Choosing the right type of RV toilet will depend on your preferences and needs. Consider factors such as cost, efficiency, and environmental impact when making your decision.
- LARGE CAPACITY w/ EXTRA PAPER STORAGE- ①Mupera portable travel toilet has a large capacity of 6.4 Gallon (24 L) waste-water storage tank which is enough for a family. ② The 5.3 gallon (20 L) fresh water tank capacity allow you to flush about 150 times ③ The newest portable toilet all contain extra storage space design for paper or cleaning towel. Mupera portable RV travel toilet is a necessary and accompanies you throughout the journey.
- DOUBLE WATER OUTLETS - The Double water outlets of RV toilet makes the flush cover the entire bowl,, which is more saving water and efficient. The triple sealing valve ensures leak-proof and odor-proof function of the porta-potty.
- PORTABLE & CONVENIENT - The upgraded separation design of the clean water tank and the sewage tank allow you assemble or disassemble it anytime and anywhere. Mupera camping toilet is compact with two handles, which is convenient to carry out or put in your car.
- PREMIUM QUALITY - Mupera cassette toilet is made of high-density polyethylene material, which is strong and durable, not easy to deform and easy to clean.
- MULTI-SCENERY USE -Mupera portable toilet can be used in many scenarios with inadequate sanitary facilities for field operations, such as camping, picnic, decoration site, home, caravan, trailer, car, RVs, boat, hospital construction site places, and outdoor events,etc. At the same time, this portable toilets can also serve special groups, such as pregnant women, elderly people and patients with limited mobility.
- 🌊【Practical for Various Sites】This portable toilet is a necessary amenity for occasions with no lavatories nearby. With a built-in clean water tank and a self-contained waste-holding tank, this camping toilet will also be suitable for kids or the elderly who can not take good care of themselves in wild camping or long-distance travel.
- 🌊【Repeated Use before Cleaning】The water tank has a capacity of 3.2 gallon and the waste-holding tank 5.3 gallon, which ensures the toilet can be used for many times before it has to be cleaned, well saving your time.
- 🌊【HDPE Material】Every part of this portable toilet is made of high density PE in precise molded process, which leads to its great solidity and durability. Due to the proper size and the maximum load bearing of 220 LBS, it can meet most people’s needs.
- 🌊【Efficient Flush System】Benefited from the built-in pneumatic pump, the water spout can be pressurized and be strong enough to efficiently flush the waste with no need of battery power or extra plumbing. And it’s also splash-free because of the special nozzle well designed.
- 🌊【Detachable and Stable】The lower part of the toilet is just the waste-holding tank which can be detached from the part above for hand-free sewage disposal. After cleaning, you can use the latches on both sides to easily fix the lower part solidly.
- EASY TO CARRY & CONVENIENT--Kohree portable toilet with small dimensions of 14.5 "(L) x 16.5" (W) x 17 "(H) which is enough to meet the size of an adult seat. Also, it can be assembled or disassembled anytime and anywhere, can be easily put in your car, or use the handle to carry it.
- LARGE CAPACITY, UP TO 90 FLUSHES--Kohree camping toilet storage tank capacity, with 5.8 gallons of sewage storage capacity means you'll have to empty it less often and the 3.2-gallon fresh water capacity allows you to flush about 90 times and each water volume per pump is 0.031gal, it can meet all your outdoor activities needs. Also, it is equipped with a waste water tank level indication to let you know when it's time to empty!
- ODORLESS & LEAK-PROOF DESIGN--Splash-free rotating pouring spout allows you to empty it quickly without splashing. High-density polyethylene material features an anti-leakage and odor sealant valve to lock liquid & odors, keeping your living environment odorless and clean.
- EASY TO CLEAN--Upgraded T-type full coverage water outlets design makes cleaning 360° and avoids the embarrassing problem of leaving stains in dead corners with a single pipe. Pressing flush by compressed air pressure will automatically compress and increase the water pressure to efficiently clean the inside of a toilet. Also equipped with a water gun to clean up any part of the inner wall of the toilet.
- MULTI-SCENARIO USE--This portable toilet could be used in a home, caravan, trailer, or boat, and also could be used for camping, hospital, outdoor events, and so on（Tolerate Temperature: -4°F-122°F). Kindly note: Toilet is a personal hygiene product unless there is a quality problem, otherwise we will not accept returns or exchanges. We also warmly suggest our users clean the waste tank frequently for hygiene reasons
Last update on 2023-09-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Basic DIY replacement steps
To replace an RV toilet, follow these steps:
1. Turn off the water supply to the toilet.
2. Remove the nuts holding the toilet using a wrench.
3. Lift the toilet off the bolts and remove it from the RV.
4. Clean the area where the old toilet was installed.
5. Install the new toilet by aligning it with the bolts and gently lowering it into place.
6. Secure the toilet in place using nuts and a wrench.
7. Reconnect the water supply to the toilet.
8. Test leaks by flushing the toilet and checking for water seepage.
It is important to note that some RV toilets may have additional steps or specific instructions that should be followed according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Factors that affect RV toilet replacement cost
RV toilet replacement costs can vary depending on several factors. The first factor that affects the cost is the type of toilet being replaced. Various types of RV toilets are available in the market, including cassette toilets, composting toilets, and traditional gravity-flush toilets. The cost of replacing each type of toilet varies due to differences in design, features, and materials used.
Another factor affecting the RV toilet replacement cost is the new toilet’s brand and model. Some brands are more expensive than others due to their reputation for quality and durability. Similarly, some models have additional features, such as water-saving technology or built-in bidets, which can increase the overall cost.
The installation process also plays a significant role in determining the cost of RV toilet replacement. If the installation requires extensive plumbing work or modifications to the existing system, it can add to the overall cost. Additionally, if a professional plumber is hired to install the new toilet, their fees will also add to the total cost.
Other factors that may impact RV toilet replacement costs include taxes, shipping fees (if purchasing online), and any additional parts or accessories needed for installation.
In summary, several factors affect RV toilet replacement costs, including the type of toilet being replaced, the brand and model of the new toilet, the installation process, taxes and fees, and necessary parts and accessories.
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: The Dometic 310 toilet is a full-size and lightweight model, which is ideal for modern RVs. It has a simplified design, which makes it easy to operate and maintain.
- EFFICIENT FLUSHING SYSTEM: This toilet uses a pressure-enhanced "PowerFlush" rim wash system that clears the bowl quickly and effectively. It can flush with as little as 1 pint of water, making it more water-efficient than many other toilets on the market.
- SLOW-CLOSE SEAT COVER: The Dometic 310 toilet comes with a new Slow Close seat cover that provides a gentle and quiet closing motion, preventing slamming and reducing wear and tear.
- COMFORTABLE FEATURES: This toilet is designed with user comfort in mind. It has an ergonomic seat height and bowl shape that provide a more comfortable sitting experience. The one-direction pedal allows for easy and convenient operation.
- VERSATILE AND UNIVERSAL FIT: The Dometic 310 toilet has a universal fit that allows it to be installed on most RVs. It is available in white color and features a wood, ceramic, and plastic construction, making it durable and long-lasting.
- Design Optimization Allows for Easiest In-Class Cleaning
- Bowl Design Prevents Splash-Back
- Soft Close Seat and Cover - Prevents Slamming when in Motion
- High-Powered Tri-Directional Flush Nozzles Remove.Waste Completely with Each Flush
- COMPLETE WASTE REMOVAL: The Dometic 300 series gravity-flush RV toilet features a powerful triple-jet action flush that ensures complete waste removal with each use, keeping your RV clean and odor-free.
- EFFICIENT OPERATION: The efficient foot pedal operation with adjustable water level makes it easy to use and control water usage. You can customize the water level to match your needs, helping you conserve water during extended trips.
- RESIDENTIAL STYLE: This toilet offers a residential-style design, providing you with the comfort and familiarity of home while on the road. The elongated seat and full-size height make it easy to use and comfortable, even for extended periods.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: The Dometic 300 is constructed using high-quality materials that ensure durability and longevity. It is built to withstand the harsh RV environment and can provide reliable service for years to come.
- EASY TO INSTALL: This toilet is designed to be easy to install, making it an ideal choice for RVs looking to upgrade their existing toilet. The simple installation process can be completed in just a few hours, and all the necessary hardware is included in the package.
Last update on 2023-09-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Labor costs for professional installation
The cost of installing an RV toilet can vary depending on the type of toilet and the labor required. It can cost anywhere from $200 to $400 for installation. It’s best to contact an RV service center or a professional plumber for a more accurate estimate based on your specific situation.
Tips for saving money on RV toilet replacement
Regarding RV toilet replacement, there are several tips to save money. First, consider purchasing a used RV toilet instead of a brand-new one. Many RV enthusiasts upgrade their toilets and sell their old ones at a discounted price. Second, shop around for the best deals on RV toilets. Check prices at different RV supply stores and online retailers to compare prices and find the best deal. Finally, consider repairing your current toilet instead of replacing it entirely. Oftentimes, simple repairs such as replacing a valve or seal can fix common issues with RV toilets.
Proper maintenance to prolong the life of your new RV toilet
Proper maintenance is crucial to prolong the life of your new RV toilet. Here are some tips to keep your RV toilet in good condition:
1. Regular Cleaning: Regularly clean your RV toilet with a mild cleaner and soft-bristled brush. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or brushes that can scratch the surface of the toilet. Also, regularly clean the valve blade and seal to prevent buildup or odors.
2. Proper use: Only use RV toilet paper designed to break down quickly and easily in water. Avoid using regular household toilet paper or other materials that can cause clogs or damage to the toilet. Additionally, only flush human waste and small amounts of toilet paper down the toilet to prevent blockages.
3. Maintenance: Regularly inspect your RV toilet for any signs of wear or damage, such as cracks or leaks. If you notice any issues, address them promptly to prevent further damage.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your new RV toilet lasts many years.
Now that you know how much it costs to replace your RV toilet, you can start planning the steps. The first step is determining what type of toilet will work best for your RV model. Then, decide whether or not you want to do this project yourself or hire a professional plumber. Finally, once everything is ready and in place, schedule some time so that everything goes smoothly when replacing your RV toilet!
- Compact electric marine toilet made from white vitreous porcelain
- Corrosion resistant parts throughout
- Equipped with a combined pump unit for disposal and flushing
- Quiet, hygienic, reliable
- An Integral self-priming rinse pump designed to bring Sea, river or Lake water into the Bowl Comes standard
- A flexible design makes it suitable for overboard or holding Tank discharge
- A built-in backflow preventer Guards against flooding and waste return
- Corrosion-resistant materials throughout permit fresh or salt water service
- Can be mounted 3' (1M) above or below the waterline with appropriate plumbing
- Works with SEAFLO and JABSCO marine toilets
- Direct Replacement of the manual flush assembly
- Built in Macerator
Last update on 2023-09-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API