Table of Contents
17 Best RV Spare Tire Mount Reviews
An RV spare tire holder isn’t something we think about for our RV camper. We never think about a spare tire mount until the occasion warrants one. We all know that a spare tire is the ultimate piece of equipment when a flat occurs. We have you covered whether you want to carry an ST trailer tire or radial trailer tire.
Many campers do not come with a spare RV tire mount, so you must have one because sitting on the side of a busy road is not a good option. If you already have a tire carrier installed, another option is to consider installing a second spare tire mount.
We have taken the time to review each tire carrier for You. If you are looking for an RV spare tire holder, you have come to the right place. We have you covered whether you are looking for a camper, heavy-duty trailer, or spare tire holder for your boat trailer. We also suggest that along with a spare holder; you also consider a TPMS ( Tire Pressure Monitoring System); enough can not be said about the easy way to monitor your tires. We have you covered if you need a 2-inch receiver adaptor for your spare tire holder.
17 Best Trailer Spare Tire Holders
- MAXHAUL Spare Tire Carrier
- Ultra-Fab Universal Tire Carrier (Our Top Pick)
- Curt 31006 High Trailer Hitch Spare Tire Mount (Our Top Pick)
- Extreme Max Heavy-Duty Spare Tire Carrier
- Eaz-Lift Spare Tire Carrier
- BAL 28215 Hide-A-Spare Tire Storage – Recessed Mount
- Lippert 159056 RV Spare Tire Winch
- Draw-Tite 6715 Front Mount Spare Tire Carrier (Our Top Pick)
- Stromberg Carlson TR-2 Universal Tire Carrier (Our Top Pick)
- LIBRA Heavy Duty Trailer Spare Tire Holder Mount
- Adnik Spare Tire Carrier
- Brophy RIGID RV Trailer Spare Tire Bumper Mount
- SeaChoice Side Mount Spare Tire Carrier
- FieryRed Spare Tire Carrier with Lock (Our Top Pick)
- BUNKER INDUST Spare Tire Carrier – 120IBS
MaxxHaul Towing Products 70214: Powder Coat Black Trailer Spare Tire Carrier. Carry your spare up and out of the way with this corrosion-resistant powder-coated steel spare tire carrier. The carrier fits most 4 and 5-lug wheels. Raised, angled mount provides additional clearance for your spare. The spare tire carrier quickly mounts to your trailer’s tongue to handle your trailer spare tire of up to 100 Pounds in weight. Clamp-on bracket fits trailer frames up to 3″ wide x 5″ tall.
Spare tire carrier features.
- Durable powder coat finish resisting rust and corrosion
- Mounts on trailer tongues up to 3 inches wide and 5 inches high
- Raised, angled design provides additional clearance for a spare tire
- Universal designs fit 4-lug and 5-lug trailer wheels
- A spare tire carrier lets you mount a spare on your trailer frame
- Zinc plated mounting hardware
- Simple clamp-on installation
- 100 lbs. Max Weight Capacity
- Sturdy carbon steel construction
2. Ultra-Fab 15-954730 Universal Tire Carrier (Our Top Pick)
The Ultra-Fab trailer tire carrier easily mounts to a 4-inch square bumper and truck bumpers. The Ultra-Fab RV spare tire holder designed for 5th wheels and travel trailers makes this spare tire mount a breeze to install and use. This tire carrier provides a removable mounting point on your camper or 5th wheels rear bumper. The carrier swings down, allowing quick and easy access to the rear storage.
Tire carrier features.
- The carrier will mount easily to a 4″ square bumper.
- Heavy-duty welded construction for greater strength.
- The spare tire mount has been powder coated and is rust-resistant.
- The Universal tire carrier comes with a lifetime manufacturer warranty.
- The spare tire mount fits Fayette and Haye’s travel trailer wheels.
Curt 31006 tire mount installs on the front or rear of your camper. The Curt spare tire mount inserts into a 2-inch by 2-inch receiver on your trailer hitch and allows you to attach a spare tire onto the front or rear of your RV.
The RV spare tire holder can be easily added to the back of the camper. It measures 24 inches from top to bottom and features multiple mounting holes to fit a wide range of different-size tires.
The Curt spare tire mount is designed to mount onto various vehicles Creating an extra cargo room inside your vehicle. (NOTE: Mounting hardware for the spare tire is not included).
High Hitch spare tire mount features.
- The tire mount can mount to the front or rear of the trailer hitch, provided you have a standard 2-inch receiver.
- This receiver hitch spare tire mounting bracket is constructed from steel.
- This trailer hitch wheel mount comes in a black powder-coated finish for years of corrosion control.
- This spare tire holder fits any 2 inches by 2-inch trailer hitch receiver. (Hitch pin sold separately)
A spare tire carrier is a sure way to ensure you are stuck on the side of the road waiting for help to arrive. The Extreme max is made to mount your spare tire to the tongue of the trailer. Not ideal for campers or trailers that will come in contact with salt water.
Trailer tongue mount features
- The spare tire mount fits most 4,5, and 6-lug wheels up to 16.5 inches.
- The bolt-on installation is easy. The carrier fits all trailer tongues 1.75 inches to 3 inches
- wide by 5 inches high.
- 4.75 inches of lift and 7 inches of offset
- Heavy-duty zinc-plated steel construction
- two years replacement warranty
The Camco Eaz-Lift Spare Tire Mount is an easy way to add a spare tire location to your trailer. The durable, powder-coated steel mount easily attaches to your trailer with included zinc-plated hardware without the need for drilling.
The Camco Eaz-Lift Spare Tire Mount Features
- Easily mount to your trailer to create a spare tire mount location.
- The mount Fits trailer tongues up to 6″ tall and 3.5″ wide.
- The Tire mount is constructed of durable, powder-coated steel and zinc-plated hardware.
- Easy to install, no permanent mount.
- The mount is Compatible with four lug X 4″ diameter hole patterns, five lug X 4.5″ diameter hole patterns, and five lug X 4.75″ diameter hole patterns.
Rear bumper spare tire mounts are cumbersome and ugly. They make it difficult to install bike racks and cargo trays. Plus, they add weight and length to your travel trailer. BAL now offers the ‘Hide-a-Spare’ Tire Storage System that allows you to mount the bulky tire beneath your trailer and out of the way. This system is very easy to mount, and if you ever require access to the spare tire, simple to remove. Self-tapper screws mount the two plates to the frame for a quick install. A knob and pin are removed to lower the ‘Hide-a-Spare’. It then telescopes out for easier access to the spare tire. They are made in the USA. Not retail boxed and limited One-Year Warranty. 72″ L x 12″ W x 8″ D. Recessed mount for trailers without underbelly enclosure.
- Hide-a-Spare’ Tire Storage System allows you to mount the bulky tire beneath your trailer and out of the way.
- Easy to mount
- Self tapper screws mount the two plates to the frame for a quick install
- Made in the USA
7. Lippert 159056 RV Spare Tire Winch (Our Top Pick)
Universal Spare Tire Winch by Lippert Components®. Spare Tire Winch with Offset Cable. The Lippert Components Spare Tire Winch is the perfect bolt-on solution for your spare tire carrier. Bolt-on the winch (hardware not included) under your trailer or RV.
- Spare tire winch bolts onto chassis/frame for easy and convenient access to spare tire
- Mounting hardware not included
- It can be used on RVs, trailers, and trucks with enough clearance to store an additional spare tire.
- Innovative and reliable solutions for your mobile lifestyle
- Designed to provide you with maximum comfort and safety
- Made to ensure a high level of quality and durability
8. Draw-Tite 6715 Front Mount Spare Tire Carrier (Our Top Pick)
The spare tire carrier is ideal for relocating spare tires to the vehicle’s front using a front-mounted receiver. It has a universal bolt pattern for mounting a variety of tire sizes. This spare tire mount is ideal for trucks, SUVs, and RVs
Note: It fits standard towing receivers. However, the clearance of your bumper or back of your motor home could be an issue. The distance from the center of the receiver pinhole end of the vertical portion of the 6715 is 5 3/4 inches. Also, when mounted, the top of the tire is 2 1/2 in out from the pinhole. If the vertical portion clears your bumper and the bumper extends more than 3 1/2 out from the back of the motorhome, it should work. My tire size is LT 245/75R 16, and it fits.
9. Stromberg Carlson TR-2 Universal Tire Carrier Fold (Our Top Pick)
The Stromberg Carlson RV spare tire holder for your travel trailers and fifth-wheel trailers is an excellent answer to your spare tire needs. This model is universal in design, suited to carry 15″ – 16″ travel trailer tires on your 4″ square bumper. All hardware and U-bolts are included.
Tire carriers cycle tested 100,000 miles on 50lb 225 / 75 R 15 travel trailer tire.
10. LIBRA Heavy Duty Trailer Spare Tire Wheel Mount Holder Bracket Carrier for 4 & 5 lugs Wheels – 27010
Reinforced support bracket for heavy-duty use, fit 4 or 5 lug wheels. (It only works on 4″ and 4 1/4″ bolt patterns)
Adjustable to fit all trailer tongues to 3″ wide and 5″ high
Heavy-duty steel with powder coating finishes preventing rusting.
Easy to install and mount your spare tire/wheel onto a trailer in a convenient location, no drilling required.
It also Includes Zinc plated mounting hardware. You don’t have to buy bolts and nuts separately.
11. Adnik 28218B Spare Tire Carrier (Our Top Pick)
Rear bumper spare tire mounts are cumbersome and ugly, and they make it difficult to install bike racks and cargo trays. Plus, they add weight and length to your travel trailer.
Adnik now offers the ‘Hide-A-Spare’ Tire Storage System that allows you to mount the bulky tire beneath your trailer and out of the way. This system is very easy to mount, and if you ever require access to the spare tire, simple to remove.
The knob and pin are removed to lower the ‘Hide-A-Spare’. It then telescopes out for easier access to the spare tire.
68″ to 75″ frame width, Underslung mount for trailers with enclosed underbelly
This RV spare tire holder is not for motorized RVs. Fifth Wheels and travel trailers
This tire carrier is a reliable and economical choice for those interested in a bumper-mount system specifically. This top pick is mounted securely to any 4-inch square box or C-style bumper and made of heavily powder-coated steel for all-weather performance without rust and corrosion. Besides, this handy unit features a fold-down function when you’re hauling those oversized camping supplies and other large materials.
Spare Tire Carrier; Fits Rear 4 To 4-1/2 Inch Square Bumper Mount; Holds Up To 17-1/2 Inch Wheels; Powder Coated; Black; Tire padlocking
Seachoice Side-Mount Spare Tire Carriers are designed to mount your spare trailer wheel vertically to the side of the trailer tongue or frame rails.
This carrier, made of powder-coated heavy-duty steel, mounts to the trailer tongue at the front of the trailer. It features an offset design that moves the wheel up and away for increased ground clearance.
Thanks to the included tire plate and mounting hardware, no drilling is required for installation. Seachoice is committed to delivering quality marine accessories and OEM replacement parts to satisfy fishing, boating, and watersports enthusiasts worldwide. Seachoice is run for and by boaters, offering a wide-ranging product line while remaining affordable.
- Ideal for mounting your spare tire vertically to the side of the trailer tongue or frame rails
- Mounts to trailer tongue at the front of the trailer; fits most frames; no drilling required.
- Powder-coated, heavy-duty steel construction
- Offset design for increased ground clearance
- Use for 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, and 15-inch tires; fits 4-lug and 5-lug wheels
- It Fits 4-lug and 5-lug wheels and 4-inch and 4-1/2 inch bolt-hole patterns
- Mounts on up to 4-inch x 5-inch tube, 3-inch x 5-inch channel, or 3-inch x 5-inch angle at upright
14. FieryRed Spare Tire Carrier with Lock- 120IBS Weight Capacity for Side Mount Spare Tires, Fits Most 4 & 5 Lugs Wheels, Hold 3.94″, 4″, 4.25″ and 4.72″ Bolt Patterns, Easy to Install
Compatibility & Fit: This trailer spare tire carrier is designed to fit trailer tongues, including boat trailers, to 2.95″wide and 3.94″ high and upgraded to hold 4-lug and 5-lug wheels with 3.94″, 4″, 4.25″, and 4.72″ bolt patterns.
Rugged Construction: Made of forged iron with solid-state welding, this spare tire mount is designed to handle tires of up to 120 lbs, and Zinc plated spare tire mount and mounting hardware is naturally resistant to rust and corrosion.
Easy Installation: The bolt-on installation and removal are easy. Thanks to the included tire plate and mounting hardware, no drilling is required for installation, which makes this spare tire mount a breeze to install and use.
Optimized Design: The spare tire bracket provides easy access if needed. The close-to-trailer design helps reduce wind resistance. It also features a raised design that moves the wheel up for increased ground clearance.
Peace of Mind: This lock is easy to use and keeps things secure, it also comes with two spare keys to ensure the absent-minded are covered, and the package includes Zinc plated mounting hardware. You don’t have to buy bolts and nuts separately.
15. BUNKER INDUST Spare Tire Carrier – 120IBS Weight Capacity for Side Mount Spare Tires, Fits Most 4 & 5 Lugs Wheels, Hold 3.94″, 4″, 4.25″, and 4.72″ Bolt Patterns
- Compatibility & Fit: This trailer spare tire carrier fits trailer tongues, including boat trailers, to 2.95″wide and 3.94″ high and is further upgraded to hold 4-lug and 5-lug wheels with 3.94″, 4″, 4.25″, and 4.72″ bolt patterns.
- Rugged Construction: This spare tire mount is made of forged iron with solid-state welding; this spare tire mount is designed to handle tires of up to 120 lbs, and Zinc plated spare tire mount and mounting hardware naturally resists rust and corrosion.
- Easy Installation: The bolt-on installation and removal are easy. Thanks to the included tire plate and mounting hardware, no drilling is required for installation, which makes this spare tire mount a breeze to install and use.
- Optimized Design: The spare tire bracket provides easy access if needed. The close-to-trailer design helps reduce wind resistance. It also features a raised design that moves the wheel up for increased ground clearance.