RV sewer hose support is exactly what they sounds like: its intended to keep RV sewer hoses in place as they drain. The most acceptable sewer hose supports will not only hold your hose in place but will also keep it tidy and allow it to drain correctly. The primary purpose of the RV sewer hose support is to guarantee that the waste pipe is adequately supported, ensuring a consistent flow and that the procedure runs smoothly and without interruptions!
The support for your RV sewer hoses can be telescopic legged supports that resemble metal centipedes to folding and compact support constructed of high-grade ABS plastic materials in a variety of shapes and sizes, and there’s something for everyone.
Sewer hose supports come in a variety of lengths as well. 10 ft., 15 ft., 20 ft., and 20 ft. supports are the most popular lengths on the market. Similarly, the cost of RV sewer hose supports varies based on parameters such as production materials, length, and other considerations. So, below is a comprehensive guideline on RV sewer hose support ideas that will assist you in making the best decision.
The 10 Best Hose Supports for your RV
1. Camco Aluminum Sewer Hose Support – Supports Sewer Hoses Up to 15’| Includes Strap Kit to Secure Your Hose in Place |Durable Construction| Lightweight Design – (40353)
Camco’s Aluminum RV Sewer Hose Support helps keep everything flowing smoothly at the dump station. It cradles your RV sewer hose, providing stability for trouble-free drainage. A strap kit helps secure your RV sewer hose in place, allowing the support to be positioned on flat or uneven terrain. It extends up to 6-feet long, without creeping closed, and compresses to just six ¾-inches for easy, compact storage.
- Holds sewer hose securely on uneven terrain
- Lightweight, durable all-aluminum stand
- Includes strap kit to hold hose securely in place
- Set up and storage takes just seconds
- Telescopes to 6′ and folds to 6″ for easy storage and won’t creep closed during use.
Good product (aluminum version). However, DO NOT try to extend any single portion of this unit without extending the unit as a whole. To be even more precise, only pull on the black handles, DO NOT try to elongate ‘just one end’. You will bend yours precisely like I just bent mine.
Three stars are for sturdiness. They are fragile, so You need to be careful with them as I have already broken one. And I wasn’t pulling on it very hard. They work, but you need to be gentle with them….I probably wouldn’t repurchase them.
GESUNDTEK Sewer Hose Support Kit is an adaptable sewer hose support that elevates your sewer hose and guides the sewer hose to help move waste down. It features independent troughs at 9 different heights and can be set up to make turns to avoid an obstacle or go over a curb. The troughs measure 17” long and nest for easy storage when not in use. Provides support for up to 20 feet of sewer hose length for All Travel Trailers, Campers, and Motorhomes.
- Adaptable lifts your sewer hose and guides the sewer hose to help move waste down.
- It features independent troughs at 5 different heights and can be set up to make turns to avoid an obstacle or go over a curb.
- Easy to set up, no assembly required, setup and storage in seconds
- Construction is designed to be weatherproof, durable, and corrosion resistant to support your hose in the harshest conditions
- Box includes (7) 17″ sections, each with (4) rotatable stakes to support up to 15 feet of sewer hose
We are full-time RV nomads and desperately needed a support system for our sewer hose. This system of individual support is great! It’s been so helpful that the support heights can be adjusted. It’s easy to store during travel and is of great quality and excellent price!
3. Ameri 20 Ft 43051 RV Sewer Hose Support, Made From Sturdy Lightweight Plastic, won’t Creep Closed
Ameri RV 20′ Plastic Sewer Hose Support is sturdy and lightweight. Plastic support with strong snap-fit hinges has deep cradles to hold the sewer hose in place without straps. No staples to rust. It easily positions around obstacles and stays where you put it. Won’t creep closed. A convenient handle makes storage even easier. The bottom of the cradle is 7 1/4″ high at its highest point and 4″ high at its lowest point.
- 1. The 20 feet RV Sewer Hose Support lifts and cradles your sewer hose while connecting your RV to the dump station. It keeps your sewer hose off the ground and prevents potential damage or punctures to your RV or camper sewer hose by safely nesting it in heavy-duty plastic
- 2. Conveniently ready to use straight of the box with no assembly required. It comes complete with winding RV sewer hose support and an orange custom-fit storage handle that clasps onto your compressed for simple toting and handling.
All-Terrain RV Hose Support
Thetford’s new Titan RV Sewer Hose Support offers a simple, effective solution to protect and support your sewer hose from the RV to the dump port.
The (5) graduated 24” sections, which support up to 15 feet of hose, are made of durable poly material and are ready to use out of the box with no small parts to lose.
The quick, easy set-up is suited for all terrains, from grass to gravel. The supports are stackable, washable, and stowable in the convenient storage bag.
- Easy Set-Up & Flexible Adjustment. Ready to use, no small parts to lose.
- All-Terrain & Stackable
- Washable with no rusting parts
- Versatile supports for up to 15-ft RV Sewer Hose allow better drainage
- Durable Poly Construction
- Compatible with Titan Sewer Hose Systems and other RV hoses
- Quick & Simple Tear-Down. Stowable in the enclosed storage bag
- 5 Graduated 24’ Sections Configure to Support up to 15-ft of Sewer Hose
Great product! More length than the accordion ones and is better when there is uneven ground. It takes up a little more space when storing, but not much. Easier to clean up and go. I would recommend (and have recommended) to many of our camping friends!
5. Camco Adjustable Sewer Hose Drain Support Kit -Rigid Support Cradles, 4 Point Adjustment Works Over Uneven Terrain For Increased Drainage, Adapts to a 10ft, 15ft or 20ft Sewer Hose Kit (43071), Gray
The Camco Adjustable Sewer Hose Support Kit is an adaptable sewer hose support that elevates your sewer to keep waste moving downhill.
- Adaptable support lifts and guides sewer hose to help waste move downhill
- Six independent troughs can make turns or go over curbs or obstructions
- It can be stacked for added stability but doesn’t need to be staked- it works on concrete.
- Nests for easy storage.
- Includes (6) 30-inch sections with (4) stake each, supporting up to 20 feet of sewer hose.
This product is rugged and works very well. The only question is how long will the plastic locks for vertical pins last. They functioned very well. Rugged provides super support for hoses, especially over rough surfaces with changes in elevations.
This product is handy for challenging areas at an RV spot; the only downside is the bulky design and how hard it is to lock and unlock the extension legs.
6. Camco Aluminum Sewer Hose Support, Supports Sewer Hoses Up to 10′, Includes Strap Kit to Secure Your Hose in Place, Durable Construction, Lightweight Design, 40351 (Our Top Pick)
Camco Aluminum Folding Sewer Hose Support helps to keep sewer hose secure over the most uneven terrain and provides stability for trouble-free drainage. Support is lightweight, durable, and all aluminum with solid brass rivets for rust resistance.
- The Camco Sewer Hose Support holds the sewer hose securely on uneven terrain.
- Lightweight, durable all-aluminum stand.
- Includes strap kit to hold hose securely in place.
- Set up and storage takes just seconds.
- Telescopes to 6′ and folds to 6″ for easy storage and won’t creep closed during use
It does what it is supposed to and looks much better with my Airstream than the plastic ones. It folds up compactly and extends easily. It won’t work if you need a long hose, but it is excellent as my tanks are empty at the rear. One major flaw, the plastic fasteners that hold the hose in place are difficult to attach so that they will stay in place and two breaks after the second use, so plan to use a small bungee to hold the hose in place.
The only downfall is You can get only about 7-8 ft. per section if you extend them all the way. Therefore you have to carry multiple sections, which means more expensive than one plastic support. I carry three. It’s a trade-off. Carry one plastic support that takes up a little less room in your cargo bay but is harder to set up, will break apart usually sooner rather than later, and is easily tipped over. OR, .carry several sections of this aluminum support that will never go bad if you don’t abuse them. As I said, there is no perfect solution, but I’ve been pleased with these aluminum supports’ construction, durability, and ease of use.
7. Camco RV Sanitation Kit for Your Holding Tank System – Includes RhinoFLEX Sewer Hose with Fittings, Leak Proof seals, Storage Caps, Sanitation Gloves and TST Drop Ins to Eliminate Holding Tank Odors (44732)
Camco RV Sanitation Kit includes Everything you need for an RV dump station. Dumping your RV’s black water tank can be daunting without being prepared. We have compiled a group of products necessary for a proper dump station connection and general sanitation maintenance.
Complete Kit includes:
- RhinoFLEX Sewer Hose 15′ Kit
- 15′ Sidewinder Sewer Hose Support
- Sanitation Gloves, 100 pack
- Sewer Hose Rinse Cap
- TST Orange Drop-Ins 15 Pack
Make sure you are ready with these essential products from Camco.
RhinoFLEX Sewer Hose 15′ Kit
We started with a 15′ RhinoFLEX sewer hose and attached specially-engineered fittings to make it more convenient for you. At the RV end of the hose, there is a super-tough bayonet fitting with four prongs for a more secure fit. At the dump-station end, we’ve added a 4-in-1 adapter to fit 3″ slip or 3″, 3-1/2″, and 4″ threaded pipe. Both of these newly-redesigned, pre-attached fittings swivel to make connections easier. In addition, the kit includes caps—one for each end—and the 4-in-1 adapter is easily detachable, which allows you to store the entire kit in your 4″ square bumper. In short, this is a ready-to-use kit with the most rigid hose you can buy.
15′ Sidewinder Sewer Hose Support
Sturdy, lightweight plastic support with welded seams has deep cradles to hold the sewer hose in place without straps. It quickly positions around obstacles and stays where you put it. No staples to rust and Won’t creep closed. Patented
Sanitation Gloves, 100 pack
Protect your hands from unsanitary surfaces. These all-purpose gloves are perfect for use while connecting or disconnecting RV sewer hoses: latex and powder-free.
Sewer Hose Rinse Cap
Get jet-cleaning action with this unique sewer hose rinser. Fitting attaches to sewer hose, then hooks to any standard water hose to create a powerful spray that helps reduce odors and clean sewer hoses.
TST Orange Drop-Ins 15 Pack
TST Orange Power Fresh citrus scent Drop-Ins take the guesswork out of RV or marine holding tank treatment. No measuring—no mess. Just add one Drop-In to treat a 40-gallon tank. Harness the power of citrus to stop odors and break down waste. It contains 15 treatments and is Environmentally Safe.
I had my maiden voyage with the new trailer, and this kit was perfect. It hooked up quickly and didn’t give me any issues. Gloves were good help too.
Exactly what we were looking for. This hose is solid and easy to work with. The fittings are tight and secure. No leaks! We are happy with this kit.
8. Camco 20 Ft (43051) Sidewinder RV Sewer Hose Support, Made From Sturdy Lightweight Plastic, Won’t Creep Closed, Holds Hoses in Place – No Need for Straps
Camco RV 10′ Sidewinder Sewer Hose Support is sturdy and lightweight. Plastic support with strong snap-fit hinges has deep cradles to hold the sewer hose in place without straps—no staples to rust. It easily positions around obstacles and stays where you put it. Won’t creep closed. A convenient handle makes storage even more accessible. The bottom of the Sidewinder cradle is 7-1/4″ high at its highest point and 4″ high at its lowest point.
Sturdy and Lightweight Support
Camco’s 10-Foot Sidewinder Plastic RV Sewer Hose Support keeps everything flowing smoothly to the dump station. The Sidewinder is sturdy and lightweight. The plastic support system has strong interlocked hinges and deep cradles to hold the sewer hose in place without straps. The Sidewinder easily stretches out without creeping closed and positions around obstacles to stay where you put it. The convenient handle makes storage and transportation even more effortless.
The bottom of the Sidewinder cradle is seven 1/4 inches high at its highest point and 4-inches high at its lowest point. It extends to fit a 10-foot hose and compresses to just 12 1/2 inches.
How it Works
Remove the orange handle from the Sidewinder and extend the Sidewinder to the desired length. Position your RV and the sewer inlet with the highest end at the RV and the lowest at the sewer inlet. Lay the sewer hose into the cradle of the Sidewinder and then hook up the sewer hose as you normally would. When complete, collapse the Sidewinder and use the handle to secure it closed.
Also Available in the following sizes:
I have had this product for over a year, and it is still very durable and easy to clean and pack away for future use—some of the sites we have been to have uneven grounds. Luckily, the sidewinder is wide enough to place a piece of wood under the section of the hose that is drooping, allowing for a continuous flow. I would recommend this product and to be mindful and gently while pulling on your hose while on the
We’ve been using this for a few years, and we’re frequent travelers (60-70 nights a year) and typically only stay at a campground for a day or two before moving on, so it gets set up and taken down a lot. It’s held up well so far, including being kicked/tripped over more than I’d like to admit. It can get challenging to use on runs over 11 or 12 feet, but up to those lengths, it holds our Flexi-hose very well and makes dumping easy.
Provides Simple Drainage
The ready-to-use Rhino Nesting RV Sewer Hose Support Kit helps keep everything flowing smoothly at the dump station. It lifts and guides your RV sewer hose to help waste move downhill. This product works with Camco RV sewer hose kits (including RhinoFLEX, RhinoEXTREME, and Revolution) and other brand RV sewer hoses up to 15 feet long with a 3-inch diameter. Each support section measures 24 3/16-inches (L) x 9 ½-inches (W) with heights that range from 8 ½-inches to 10 ½-inches. It cleans easily and features a strap for nesting the sections together for compact storage.
- Ready-to-Use: Sets up in seconds to lift and guide your sewer hose to help waste move downhill
- Extends Over Uneven Terrain: Holds your RV sewer hose on uneven terrain for stable, simple drainage.
- Compatibility: Fits all Camco RV Sewer Hose Kits (including RhinoFLEX, RhinoEXTREME, and Revolution) as well as other brand sewer hoses that are up to 15 feet long with a 3-inch diameter
- Includes: (5) support sections that are easy to set up and a strap for nesting the sections in storage; Dimensions: Each section measures 24 3/16-inches (L) x 9 ½-inches (W) with heights that range from 8 ½-inches to 10 ½-inches
- Durable Construction: Made of durable material; Ready to Use: No assembly required; Nests for Storage: Sections nest together for compact storage; Easy to clean
The Level-Trek LT-80070 RV Sewer Hose Support 15′ is an absolute must-have for an entire hook-up campsite. Keeping your hose at the correct angle to drain well is crucial, and this sewer hose support gets the job done perfectly. With an accordion-like design, it is not only very sturdy but also fits spaciously in your motorhome. You can choose how many support pieces you need for the sewer hook-up in each campground because the supports decline in height for excellent drainage capabilities from your RV. Each support piece snaps into another at a durable hinge for ultimate customization.
- 3 Year Warranty
- Sturdy, durable base
- 15′ at extended length
- Flexible around obstacles
- Deep groove hose support
- Add or subtract sections at will
- It comes with a bright Velcro strap for easy storage
The drop is good, and it is secure and stable. It is not super heavy and won’t stand up to misuse. It seems easy to cobble together if it comes apart, though. We have used it for other supports where we need a stable holder with a drop.
These are great! It saves me at least 15 minutes when packing up the trailer—no more holding nasty pipes up trying to get the water to drain out!
Common Questions about RV Server Hose Support
Do I need an RV sewer hose support?
When there isn’t a downhill slope from your RV to the sewage hookups, you’ll require a sewer hose (which is pretty much all the time). Not everything will run into the sewer if your hose sits on the ground. The end consequence is a foul odor. (Believe us when we’ve had neighbors without sewer hose support!)
Having RV sewer hose support is essential when RVing in below-freezing conditions. Any liquid left in your hose may freeze solid and expand if it is not removed. This will render the pipe useless and result in a messy situation.
Supports also keep your hose clean and clear of dirt off the ground. No one treads on it, and it doesn’t sit on a sharp surface, so it doesn’t get damaged. After all, you don’t want to puncture your RV sewer hose!
Are RV sewer hoses interchangeable?
You have the standard 3″ diameter hose with the lug type connection. Five types of hoses should never be met. Your RV has several different hoses that aren’t interchangeable.
They are as follows:
Flushing Hose (Gray and Black Tank)
Exterior Shower Hose
Why do you need sewer hose support?
When flushing waste material from your RV, a proper RV sewer hose support ensures that there are no pauses or debris collection. An RV sewer hose support is essential in your rig, and we’ll explain why. A sewer hose support for your RV is necessary for your sewer drainage system. Because of the creation of waste lumps, your drain line will constantly be in danger of becoming clogged. Your drainage will be hampered as a result of this.
An RV sewer hose support makes it easier to drain your RV waste by establishing a pathway that allows all waste to flow smoothly and entirely to the appropriate disposal location. The sewer hose supports in your RV hold your drain hose in place. Place your sewer hoses on top to keep them off the ground.
Your sewer hoses are protected from sharp pebbles, twigs, and other things that may harm the hose since they are safely on top of these supports. That’s why you’ll need sewer hose support for your RV.
What length RV sewer hose should I get?
The length of an RV sewer hose should be between 14 and 20 feet. That should be enough to keep your camper away from the sewage. The hose’s breadth is also critical since it determines how much you can use it and how long it will survive. If you’re a heavy user, it goes without saying that you’ll require a thicker hose. RV sewer hoses should have a circumference of about 23 millimeters.
How often should you replace the RV sewer hose?
Replacing them every 36 months is a reasonable rule of thumb. Make it 24 months if you’re a full-timer. Keep a spare in case yours breaks or you’re in a location where the in-ground sewer drain is a little further away than usual.
What size is a standard RV sewer hose?
The majority of RV sewer hoses are 15 to 20 feet long. Generally, this will provide enough space to connect your RV’s waste tank to a campsite’s exterior sewage system. An extension hose is an excellent choice if you’re afraid you won’t be able to park your RV within 15 to 20 feet of a campsite’s sewage system. Sewer hose extension models provide additional slack, reduce the chance of a hose bursting or leaking due to strain, and are available in 10-foot lengths.