Beat the Heat: A Complete Guide to RV Awning Shade Screens
Benefits of RV Awning Shade Screens
RV awning shade screens are a popular accessory for RV enthusiasts who want to protect themselves and their vehicles from the sun’s harmful rays. These screens are made of a durable mesh material designed to block out up to 90% of the sun’s UV rays. They are available in various sizes and styles to fit any RV awning.
One of the main benefits of RV awning shade screens is that they provide shade and protection from the sun. This is especially important for people who spend a lot of time outdoors, as prolonged exposure to the sun can cause skin damage and increase the risk of skin cancer. By blocking out most of the sun’s UV rays, these screens help keep RV occupants cool and comfortable, even on hot summer days.
Another benefit of RV awning shade screens is that they can help to reduce energy costs. When used in conjunction with an air conditioning unit, these screens can help keep the interior of an RV cooler, reducing the energy needed to cool the space. This can result in lower energy bills and a more environmentally friendly RV.
RV awning shade screens also provide privacy for RV occupants. Because they are made of a mesh material, they allow light and air to pass through while providing a barrier between the inside and outside of the RV. This can be especially useful for people who like to spend time outside but still want privacy.
In conclusion, RV awning shade screens are a valuable accessory for RV users. They provide shade and sun protection, help reduce energy costs, and offer privacy for RV occupants.
Types of RV Awning Shade Screens
RV awning shade screens are an essential accessory for RV owners who want to enjoy the outdoors while still being protected from the sun’s harmful rays. These screens come in various types, each with unique features and benefits.
The mesh screen is one of the most popular types of RV awning shade screens. Mesh screens are made from a breathable fabric that allows air to flow through while providing shade and sun protection. They are available in different densities, with tighter weaves providing more shade and privacy.
Another type of RV awning shade screen is the vinyl screen. Vinyl screens are made from a heavy-duty vinyl material designed to block out sunlight completely. They are ideal for use in hot climates where the sun’s rays can be intense.
A third type of RV awning shade screen is the retractable screen. Retractable screens are designed to be easily installed and removed, making them perfect for RV owners who want to enjoy the outdoors without attaching a shade screen to their awning permanently. They are available in both mesh and vinyl materials.
In addition to these three types, custom-made RV awning shade screens are available. These screens can fit any size or shape of the awning, ensuring you get the perfect fit for your RV.
Overall, many RV awning shade screens are available, each with unique features and benefits. Whether you choose a mesh screen, a vinyl screen, a retractable screen, or a custom-made screen, you can enjoy the outdoors in comfort and style.
Measuring for the Perfect Awning Shade Screen
When measuring for the perfect awning shade screen, it is important to consider several factors to ensure a proper fit. The first step is to measure the width of the area where the shade screen will be installed. This can be done by measuring the distance between the mounting points on either side of the area. Measuring the mounting points’ inside and outside edges is important to ensure accuracy.
Next, measure the height of the area where the shade screen will be installed. This can be done by measuring from the bottom of the mounting point to the top of the area where shade is desired. Adding a few inches to this measurement is important for properly installing and tensioning the shade screen.
Once these measurements have been taken, it is important to consider any additional factors that may affect the installation of the shade screen. For example, if there are any obstructions, such as light fixtures or vents in the area where shade is desired, these should be measured and accounted for when selecting a shade screen.
It is also important to consider the type of fabric that will be used for the shade screen. Different fabrics have different levels of UV protection and heat resistance, so selecting an appropriate fabric for the intended use is important.
In addition to these considerations, consulting with a professional installer or manufacturer may be helpful when selecting and measuring a shade screen. They can guide you in selecting an appropriate product and ensure accurate installation measurements.
Overall, measuring for a perfect awning shade screen requires careful consideration of several factors, including width, height, obstructions, fabric type, and professional guidance.
Installation and Care Tips for RV Awning Shade Screens
RV awning shade screens are a popular accessory for RV owners who want to enjoy the outdoors while still being protected from the sun’s harmful rays. These screens attach to the RV’s awning and provide shade and privacy for the occupants of the RV. Here are some installation and care tips for RV awning shade screens:
1. Installation Tips:
– Before installing the shade screen, ensure the RV’s awning is clean and free from dirt or debris.
– Measure the length of the awning and purchase a shade screen that matches that length.
– Attach the shade screen to the awning using the provided clips or hooks.
– Make sure that the shade screen is taut and evenly distributed across the length of the awning.
– If necessary, adjust the tension of the shade screen to ensure that it is securely in place.
2. Care Tips:
– When not in use, roll up the awning and shade screen to protect them from damage caused by wind or other weather conditions.
– Clean the shade screen regularly with a mild soap and water solution to remove any dirt or debris that may have accumulated on it.
– Allow the shade screen to dry completely before rolling it back up.
– Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the shade screen as they can damage its material.
In summary, RV awning shade screens are a great addition to any RV owner’s outdoor setup. By following these installation and care tips, you can ensure that your shade screen lasts many years.
Last update on 2023-06-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- RV Sunscreen Shade for Awning - The Original RV awning shade screen with zipper! The Vista Shade zip sun screen rolls out flat, providing cooling shade, light wind-breaking protection, and an air of privacy wherever you roam without obscuring your view of the great outdoors. Perfect to help reduce glare on outside TVs, Tablets and Phones! Sunscreen kit includes grommets, ground stakes, and storage bag. The only awning screen shade you need.
- Durable Solar Mesh Screen - Keep your cool! The Vista Shade's open-weave fabric cuts approximately 87% of the sun's light under your awning. This fade-resistant sunscreen shades your camper or motorhome from the harsh UV rays, offering comfortable shade from the sun you'll want to relax under, even on the sunniest days. The Vista Shade screen's edges are hemmed all the way around to prevent tattering and tearing in the elements.
- Made to Fit Your Awning - Designed to fit most vertical arm style awnings! ShadePro's two-piece zipper sunshade will perfectly fit your RV's existing electric awning, such as Carefree Eclipse and Travel'r. Carefully measure your awning fabric to ensure the correct Vista Shade width and drop length for your RV, camper, or motorhome. Finally, an RV awning sun shade that really fits your awning.
- One-Time Installation - Easy, breezy setup! Slide the variable insert into the RV awning roller and then zip the sun screen body into the insert using the marine-grade zipper. When ready to break down, simply unzip the body and stow it in the included storage bag. The drop shade insert rolls up with the RV awning for seamless storage until your next outing.
- ShadePro - Helping RV enthusiasts optimize their rigs and travel adventures for over 35 years! ShadePro carries only the highest quality RV sunscreen shades for awning shade control, as well as awning and shade accessories professionally crafted and built to last for long-term enjoyment you can count on.
- UV BLOCK & OPEN VIEW - Used as front RV awning, blocks about 86% of UV to protect our skin and eyes. Meanwhile offers a wide view.
- LOWER TEMPERATURE - provides you a roomy and cozy shade place. Enjoy your time comfortably even in crazy hot days.
- REDUCE WIND EFFICIENTLY - breaks especially the force of cross-wind. You get a cozier field when using it with our side shade.
- EASY INSTALL & DISMOUNT - light weight and comfortable hand feeling. 3 sets of plastics stakes & bungee balls included in storage bag.
- HOW TO ORDER - Actual finished Fabric Measurement of 8'X10’3'' is 8 FT drop by 10 FT 3 INCH length, it's fit for 11 FT RV Awning (The RV Awning using Center of Arm to Center of Arm measurement), and fits the most of awning brands such as Dometic (A&E), Carefree, Lippert, Fiamma, Solera, etc.
- Shade the area under your awning; Open weave fabric cuts approximately 85% of the sun's light to keep you cool and comfortable
- Easily mounts into the awning roller tube without tools and rolls up with the awning
- To use, simply zip and unzip the body panel from the top insert; No ladder required
- Important Note(s): Not compatible for use with Box Style Awnings. Storage bag, rope & stakes are not included.
- SUN LIGHT BLOCKER - Approximated 86% sun light blocked to down the temperature immediately, makes you enjoy the camping comfortably even in crazy hot days;
- PRIVACY PROTECTOR - '' ONE - WAY '' open view experience provided, un-closed people can not see through but you can see out
- PREMIUM AND DUABLE MATERIAL USING - Double Needle Sewn Vinyl Coated '' TWISTED TIED '' Polyester Mesh Fabric, black finished double thickness serrated copper grommets, 5 sets GALVANIZED METAL SPIKES with GROW IN DARK CAUTION and BUNGEE BALLS for long time using, shade kits packed in premium OXFORD storage handle bag. 3 YEARS WARRANTY provided
- QUITE EASY AND FAST INSTAL - Slide combined poly-cord into awning track slot, '' one piece fabric shade '' makes you super simple and fast to install and take down than hanger holder shade and 2 pcs zip shade
- PERFECT SIZE CHOOSE - The size of 9' X 19' 5'' with actual measurement of 9 FT drop 19 FT 5 INCH length, fits for 20 FT awning ( the RV awning using measurement of center of arm to center of arm ), and fits most of brands, Carefree, Dometic ( A&E ), Lippert, Fiamma, Solera, etc
- ✅ ZIPPER DESIGN: Much easier to zip on or zip off the body panel from the top insert panel without other tools.
- ✅BLOCK THE HEAT BUT NOT THE VIEW: Our Hitorhike sun shade mesh can cut approximately 85% of the sun’s heat and its damaging UV rays, without blocking your view. To keep you cool and comfortable always.
- ✅ EASY AND QUICK TO INSTALL: Top insert panel into the slot of your awning roller tube. Insert rolls up with the awning after body panel is unzipped.
- ✅PACKAGE INCLUDES: 3x plastics stakes, 3x bungee balls, 1x storage bag, 1x instruction.
- ✅FOCUS! 3 YEAR WARRANTY AND RISK-FREE PURCHASE!: We offer a 120-DAY MONEY BACK guarantee with a 3-YEAR WARRANTY for any item defects. Just contact our after-sale service team. Buy with confidence! We’ll make sure all customers will be happy with our sun shade! 🙂
Last update on 2023-06-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Popular Fabrics for Awning Shade Screens
Awning shade screens are essential to outdoor spaces, providing shade and protection from the sun’s harmful rays. Several popular fabrics are used for awning shade screens, each with unique features and benefits.
One of the most popular fabrics used for awning shade screens is acrylic. Acrylic fabrics are known for their durability, fade resistance, and water repellency. They also come in a wide range of colors and patterns, making them an excellent choice for those who want to add a pop of color to their outdoor space. Some popular brands of acrylic fabrics used for awning shade screens include Sunbrella, Dickson, and Outdura.
Another popular fabric used for awning shade screens is polyester. Polyester fabrics are lightweight, easy to clean, and resistant to mildew and UV rays. They are also less expensive than acrylic fabrics, making them a budget-friendly option for installing an awning shade screen. Some popular brands of polyester fabrics used for awning shade screens include Phifertex and Twitchell.
Finally, PVC-coated polyester is another popular fabric used for awning shade screens. PVC-coated polyester fabrics are highly durable and tear-resistant, making them an excellent choice for high wind or heavy rain areas. They are also easy to clean and maintain, ideal for commercial applications such as restaurants or retail stores. Some popular brands of PVC-coated polyester fabrics used for awning shade screens include Serge Ferrari and Mehler.
In conclusion, several popular fabrics are used for awning shade screens, each with unique features and benefits. Acrylic, polyester, and PVC-coated polyester are among the most commonly used fabrics due to their durability, fade resistance, water repellency, lightweight nature, resistance to mildew and UV rays, and affordability.
Cost Considerations for RV Awning Shade Screens
RV awning shade screens are a popular accessory for RV enthusiasts who want to enjoy the outdoors without exposure to the sun’s harmful rays. These screens provide shade, reduce glare, and increase privacy, making them an excellent addition to any RV setup. However, before purchasing an RV awning shade screen, there are several cost considerations that you should keep in mind.
The first cost consideration is the size of your RV awning. RV awning shade screens come in different sizes, so measuring your awning carefully is important to ensure you get the right size. A screen that is too small will not provide adequate coverage, while a screen that is too large will be cumbersome and difficult to install. Once you have determined the size of your awning, you can then shop around for a shade screen that fits your budget.
The second cost consideration is the material used to construct the RV awning shade screen. Shade screens can be made from various materials, including vinyl, mesh, and canvas. Vinyl screens are the most affordable option but may not be as durable as other materials. Mesh screens are more expensive but offer better ventilation and are easier to clean. Canvas screens are the most expensive but durable, providing better UV protection.
The third cost consideration is the installation process. Some RV awning shade screens require professional installation, which can add to the overall cost. However, there are also DIY options available that can save you money on installation fees.
In addition to these cost considerations, it’s also important to factor in any additional features or accessories you may want with your RV awning shade screen. For example, some screens have zippered doors or windows for added convenience and ventilation.
When considering the cost of an RV awning shade screen, it’s important to balance affordability with quality and durability. Investing in a high-quality shade screen may cost more upfront but can save you money in the long run by providing better protection and lasting longer.
The Perfect RV Awning Lights Exterior
How to buy the Best RV slide-out Cover
Best RV Solar Kit with Inverter
Bolt Off RV Trailer Coupler Locks