Buyer’s Guide – The Perfect RV Awning Lights
How to Choose the Perfect RV Awning Lights Exterior. Every RV owner has wished their vehicle to have some nice waterproof LED Lighting. These lights will brighten your RV, and your campsite and create a comfortable ambiance whenever you feel like it.
Let’s assume you are searching for RV awning lights for a camping trip you plan with your family. This guide has you covered.
Factors to Look For When Buying RV Awning Lights
Choosing the right awning lights can be intimidating when such a huge variety is available. You must set up criteria for yourself to buy the right ones. Consider these factors:
Types of Lights
The type of lights you choose will naturally depend on your taste and the camping adventure you are heading towards. For instance, if you like to through parties in the woods around the campsite and you are going to invite lots of people, choose rope or hanging lights.
On the other hand, if you need multi-functional lights which you can use on your porch later, then choose porch lights. If you would like to save energy, then go for solar-powered lights.
Feel free to choose the awning lights based on purpose and usage. First, figure out the purpose and then choose from the options available on the market.
Now comes the color. Many people are naturally inclined towards yellow light, but there are other options too. Color plays a big part in enlightening your mood. It also changes the ambiance. Bright colors boost energy, whereas warm colors help relax. These are your options:
Yellow and orange are warm colors, whereas blue and white are cool colors. Natural light is also an option, and it shines like the sun.
Before settling for the awning lights for the RV, don’t forget to check the voltage. It usually ranges from 10 to 30 volts. The most recommended voltage is 12.
Weather Resistant Quality
You never know what kind of weather you and your family will face when you are out camping. Choose a weatherproof RV awning light exterior that can survive rain, snow, and other weather damage to stay safe. You must have peace of mind leaving the lights outside without worrying about damaging them. Weatherproof lights are also shockproof. Even if some light strips are blown away by the wind, the polymer material won’t damage the product.
Always check the number of hours the lights can last. In other words, before buying them, check their power and durability. This way, you will know how many hours they can last before burning out. Choose the lights that come with an aluminum heat sink for longevity.
Price and Brand
Don’t forget to pay attention to the brand. Ideally, reputable brands promise the highest quality. But their lights might be a little costly. I don’t prefer cheaper lights over costly ones to save money. The cheaper version will burn out soon, and you will eventually be spending more bucks than you initially planned. Use your judgment to choose lights that perfectly balance affordability and quality.
- 【All in One Kit】: The kit comes 1Pcs 5m Dc12v Blue Led Awning Party Light with Strong Self-adhesive Tape + Dc extension Wire + 10Pcs extra 3M mounting tape. Great for Lighting Up Your Canopy Area After Sundown, Great for BBQ, Eating, Chatting, and Playing
- 【Easy to Install】: Very easy to install. The lights backing with double adhesive, and you can install it on any dry and clean places; and We now include extra mounting brackets/fixing clips, you don’t worry about the strip falling and Wire it directly to your Porchlight, light switch, or any 12V battery using included 12V Power cord, the red wire is positive and black wire is Negative
- 【Wide Application】: This Led Awning Camping Light is perfect for RV, Camper, Motorhome, Travel Trailer, Concession Stands, and Food Trucks.
- 【Linkable and Cuttable】: The lights can be cut following scissor marks ( every 3leds), so you can cut the length as you want. Also, the lights can be jointed by 2P 10mm connectors, which are great lights to DIY your RV
- 【After Sales Service】: Buy with confidence; our product provides One Year Warranty from the date of purchase. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us
2. Kohree RV Awning Led Light Kit, 20FT RGB Dimmable Waterproof 12V Strip Exterior Lighting with APP/Remote Control
- UNIQUE TECHNOLOGY: The Kohree RV awning LED lights adopt the upgraded function, which allows you to control the light by the App on your phone. It is quite convenient and practical to play music and change its rhythm within 10 meters. The color of the lights will beat with the music from your phone. Its timing allows the led strip lights to turn on/off automatically.
- UPDATED RF REMOTE: The Kohree RGB LED light strip kit is also equipped with a 360° RF remote controller. RF remote controller is more useful and effective than an IR controller. Any obstacles under 8m will not block the signal.
- COLORFUL: The versatile remote control of this dimmable awning lights string can adjust multiple colors and set up the appropriate atmosphere. 16 colors RGB and different brightness, 4 dynamic modes (flash, strobe, fade, smooth). The Kohree awning led light length is 20ft/ 6 meters. It can be cut on the RGB marks on the strip (every 3 LEDs). So you can cut the length as you want and light up your RV when barbecue, evening party, or camper exterior activities.
- IP68 WATERPROOF: With the DC rotating plug of the wire, the exterior canopy LED Strips is made of high-density IP68 waterproof, which can be completely immersed in water. And the polycarbonate silicon tube is UV-Treated inside. Stick the 3M VHB tape on the PC channel, which can firmly fix the LED light on your camper or RV, effectively avoiding falling.
- QUICK INSTALL: Includes everything for installation: 20FT led strip, RF remote, Led controller, cigarette lighter, 20 silicon channels(30cm each), 2xLED strip caps, cleaning wipes, real VHB tape, control connection power cord, user manual & installation guide, gift box.
3. LATCH.IT LED Lights for RV Awning | 2021 V2.0 DIY Kit | 20’ LED Awning Lights for RV & Campers | IP68 Waterproof RV Awning Lights | The Most Complete RV LED Awning Light Kit in The Market!
- The LATCH. IT V2.0 Difference – The ONLY & COMPLETE DIY RV awning LED Light Kit INCLUDES 20’ LED Strip, 20x 1’ UV-Treated Polycarbonate Channels, 3M VHB Tape, Waterproof RF LED Controller/Remote, 2x 6’ 12V Power Adapters, 2x LED Strip Caps & Degreaser Wipes. Now all WATERPROOF connections. Every Kit includes instructions to help you through the installation!
- SAY GOODBYE to CHEAP & POOR FITTING LED awning lights. The V2.0 LATCH. IT LED Strips to use a silicon tube inside the UV-Treated Polycarbonate channel w/ all WATERPROOF CONNECTIONS that allow it to be IP68 WATERPROOF! The VHB tape backing on the LED Strips & PC Channels KEEPS IT TIGHTLY SECURED on your camper or RV!
- INSTANTLY LIGHT UP and SET THE ATMOSPHERE outside your RV or Camper! Use the RF remote to TURN ON, TURN OFF or DIM the lights from wherever you are! Change the lights TO ANY COLOR and ADJUST THE BRIGHTNESS as necessary to set the proper atmosphere you want – Max Brightness of 1800 Lumens Depending on the color!
- INSTALL the LATCH. IT RV Awning LED Lighting with EASE! CUT the LED strip to ANY LENGTH AS REQUIRED. Wire it directly to your PORCH LIGHT, LIGHT SWITCH, or ANY 12V SOURCE using any of the TWO included 12V Power Adapters.
- BEING AN AMERICAN-OWNED & OPERATED BUSINESS, WE OFFER THE STRONGEST REPLACEMENT POLICY ON THE MARKET. We take PRIDE in the QUALITY and PERFORMANCE of our products. Buy with confidence and enjoy our REPLACEMENT POLICY. OUR MISSION IS TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE PRODUCTS YOU DESERVE!
4. Vbakor RV Awning Lights, 33FT RV Underglow Led Lights Kit, 12V Multi-Color Exterior Neon Accent Underbody Strip Lights for Camper
- Smart RV Awning Lights: This RV-led strip light is designed with three control modes: App, Remote Control, and Control Box; download the app “Ehome Light”(Available on Google Play and IOS App Store). You can easily DIY the led strip light’s color, brightness, change mode and speed, and support the microphone, music, and timer. App offer if the remote control can be found. You can choose the way you like.
- Bluetooth RV Underbody Lights: RV Underglow Lights are Special Designed for RV, Camper, Motorhome, Travel Trailer, Concession Stands, and Food Trucks. 33FT long lights with extension cable are used for most RV underflow, great to light up your RV and look very beautiful; you can play cards, games,s or party with your family or friends, IP65 Waterproof, Shockproof, Design to Withstand Harsh Weather Conditions.
- Easy to Install: These led strip light works on 12-volt only. Just play and plug, setup with 12v black and red wires to your battery, black wire is Negative and red wire is Positive; the lights backing with stronger adhesive, just peel off the paper and stick to a surface, the adhesive surface must be clean and dry, It’d better clean the surface with alcohol.
- Music, Sound Active and Timer Mode: The led strip light has a built-in high-sensitivity microphone. Revolutionize your RV lights to the coolest and most visible. Press the music mode button, and the entire motorcycle led lights will sync to your music and dance with the rhythms automatically. you can also set the time that the led strip light will power on/off or change the mode by using the timer mode, which is great for your RV party.
- Cuttable and Linkable: These RV Exterior lights can be easily cut and linked with other light strips to get your desired length, which can be cut every 3 LEDs along with the cutting marks. You can DIY the length of the Led lights for your RV, while the arrows of the lights should face each other when connected. The lights kit comes with a a 12-month warranty, so if you have any issues with lights, just email us, and we will solve the issue for you promptly.
- PACKAGE INCLUDES 1pcs 5m(16.4ft) Dc12v White Led Awning Party Light with Strong Self-adhesive Tape + Female Dc Power Jack and 2m(6.6 ft) Male Dc Wire. Provide Plenty of Light for Lighting Up Your Canopy Area After Sundown, which is Great for BBQing, Eating Outside, and Playing Cards.
- WIDE APPLICATION: This Led Awning Party Light Has Been Specifically Designed for RV, Camper, Motorhome, Travel Trailer, Concession Stands, and Food Trucks. Ip67 Waterproof, Shockproof, Design to Withstand Harsh Weather Conditions (rain, Snow, Etc).
- STABLE INSTALLATION: Comes with Strong Self-adhesive Sticky Backing, which Can Be Simply Peeled to Stick on Smooth Surface in Seconds. Before Installation, Clean the Installing Surface. After Cleaning, Remember to Let the Area Dry and then Wipe It Down.
- INSTALLING SITE: This Led Awning Light Can Be Installed in Many Places; however, the Best Site for installing the Led Awning Light is Just Under the Awning Extrusion, which is Fastened to the Sidewall of Your Unit. Before Installation, Make Sure the Two Wires of the End of the Awning Light is Close to a Power Source (porch Light).
- ENERGY SAVING: Low Power Consumption, Long Life Span 50,000 Hours. Flexible Ribbon for Curving Around Bends. Working Voltage: 12v Dc
6. ROLiGHTiC RV Awning Lights, Camper Awning Lights for RV Motorhome Travel Trailer Canopy, RV Exterior Outdoor Lights, RGB, DC 12v (16.4FT / 5M)
- All in One Kit: RV Led strip lights kit includes 1 reel of 16.4feet/5M RGB SMD5050 led light strip, IR remote controller with 44 keys, DC power cord. No other accessories are required.
- Colorful RV Lighting: Led light strip can be changed into more than 20 different multicolored options, fading patterns, speeds, and brightness controls with your preferences by the 44key IR controller; it also can be DIY the color of the lights you like. And it has a memory function, and when you turn it on, it will be the same as last usage.
- Easy to Install: Very easy to install; the lights backing with double adhesive; you can install them in any dry and clean place. We now include extra mounting brackets/fixing clips, and you don’t worry about the strip falling down and Wire it directly to your Porchlight, light switch, or any 12V battery using included 12V Power cord; the red wire is positive and the black wire is Negative.
- Wide Application: RV Awning Lights are Special Designed for RV, Camper, Motorhome, Travel Trailer, Concession stands, and Food Trucks. IP65 Waterproof, Shockproof, Design to Withstand Harsh Weather Conditions
- After Sales Service: Buy with confidence; our product provides One Year Warranty from the date of purchase; any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Exterior RV Awning lights exterior for your RV can turn your dull and unexciting vehicle into a vibrant one. Planning to buy these lights? Great idea. Look into these benefits:
Perfect Party Companions
Lights play a huge part in creating an ambiance while throwing a party. You can bring your party to life and set everyone’s mood with the right colors and style. Choose bright yellow light to add more energy to the room. If you are sitting under the night stars, it’s best to choose light colors.
A Beacon to Locate Your Place
Campers have to leave trails behind them when they are out exploring the woods. The only problem is these trails get blown away by the wind. Why not use awning lights to make your camping place more visible, so you don’t lose your way?
These LED lights are bright and easy to locate from a distance. On a side note, they won’t get blown away by the wind.
Solar LED awning lights save energy significantly. You won’t be using much electricity to light them up. Solar awning lights are one of the best electricity savers because they are powered by the sun.
You don’t have to be a professional to install awning lights for RV. Simply hang them on your vehicle, and they are ready to light up. These lights can be controlled remotely. You don’t need an extra switch to light to turn them, which is why they are best for traveling.
These lights are a cost-effective way of lighting up your RV. Besides this, since you don’t need electricity to light them, they won’t cost you much.
How to Install RV Awning Lights?
Found the right type of awning lights for your vehicle? Great. Now comes the task of installing them. Don’t worry, and the process is straightforward. Once the lights are delivered to your place, cut each light strip to the length you want. It’s best to measure your RV to ensure the strips match your vehicle’s length. After this, connect the lights to the power source of your RV. If you are doing it for the first time, follow the instruction manual regarding wiring the RV. The manual comes with the lights.
A great feature of these lights is that they have adhesive material at the back of the strip and stick them to the rails of your awning. You can also add another layer of adhesive (Silicon glue or mounting tape; either one can be used) to secure them.
Each RV is different and used for different purposes. Invest in the type of awning lights for RV depending on how you use your vehicle, whether you use it for going on road trips, camping, or across the country with your family. Hopefully, you now have all the necessary information to choose the best awning lights.