Table of Contents
Best Propane Heater for RV Campers
Regarding RV boondocking, propane heaters are popular for keeping warm in cold temperatures. Here are some of the best propane heaters for RV boondocking:
1. Mr. Heater MH12HB Hunting Buddy Portable Space Heater: This portable heater is popular among RVers due to its compact size and ability to heat up to 300 square feet. It has a built-in safety feature that automatically shuts off the heater if it detects low oxygen levels or if it tips over.
2. Mr. Heater F274830 MH18BRV Big Buddy Grey Indoor-Safe Portable RV Propane Heater (4,000, 9,000, and 18,000 BTU): This propane heater is designed specifically for use in RVs and can heat up to 450 square feet. It has auto shut-off if tipped over, if the pilot light goes out, or if it detects low oxygen levels.
3. GASLAND MHA18B Propane Heater: This portable and efficient heating solution can be used indoors and outdoors. It is designed to run on propane gas and can generate up to 18,000 BTUs of heat per hour. The heater features a ceramic burner tile, a piezo ignition system, and an automatic safety shut-off valve.
Several factors must be considered when choosing a propane heater for RV boondocking.
Firstly, it’s important to determine the size of the RV and the heating capacity required to keep it warm. This will depend on factors such as the climate, insulation, and number of occupants in the RV. Choosing a heater with a BTU output that matches the size of the RV is best.
Secondly, safety is crucial when using propane heaters in an enclosed space like an RV. Look for heaters with safety features such as automatic shut-off valves, tip-over switches, and oxygen depletion sensors to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning and fire hazards.
Thirdly, consider the energy efficiency of the propane heater. Look for heaters with high AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) ratings to ensure you get the most heat out of every gallon of propane used.
Other factors to consider include portability, noise level, and ease of installation.
In summary, when choosing a propane heater for RV boondocking, it’s important to consider factors such as heating capacity, safety features, energy efficiency, portability, noise level, and ease of installation.
Other things to consider when using a portable propane heater.
Several important things must be considered when using a propane heater in an RV to ensure safety and proper operation.
Firstly, it is essential to ensure that the propane system in your RV is functioning correctly and that there are no leaks or other issues that could cause a fire or explosion. This can be done by having your propane system inspected regularly by a qualified technician and checking for any signs of damage or wear and tear on the propane tank, hoses, and other components.
Secondly, following all manufacturer instructions and safety guidelines when operating your propane heater is important. This includes properly ventilating the area where the heater is being used, keeping flammable materials away from it, and never leaving it unattended while it is in use.
Finally, it is crucial to have a working carbon monoxide detector installed in your RV when using a propane heater. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can be deadly if inhaled in high concentrations. Propane heaters can produce this gas if it is not functioning correctly or is being used in an improperly ventilated area.
In summary, when using a propane heater in your RV, it is essential to ensure that your propane system is functioning correctly, to follow all manufacturer instructions and safety guidelines, and to have a working carbon monoxide detector installed.
Best Portable Propane Heating Systems For Camping and Boondocking
The Mr. Heater F299710 Vent Free 10,000 Btu Blue Flame Propane Heater is a highly efficient and versatile heating solution used in various indoor spaces, including bedrooms, living rooms, and basements. This heater is designed to operate without needing external venting, making it easy to install and use in any room.
One of the key features of this heater is its 10,000 Btu output, which allows it to quickly and effectively heat small to medium-sized rooms. The blue flame technology in this heater ensures that heat is distributed evenly throughout the room while providing a pleasing visual effect.
In addition to its heating capabilities, the Mr. Heater F299710 also includes several safety features that make it a reliable choice for indoor heating. These features include an automatic shut-off system that activates if the heater is tipped over or if oxygen levels in the room become too low.
Other features of this heater include a thermostat control that allows you to adjust the temperature to your desired level and a battery-powered electronic ignition system that ensures reliable starting every time.
Overall, the Mr. Heater F299710 Vent Free 10,000 Btu Blue Flame Propane Heater is an excellent choice for an efficient and reliable indoor heating solution.
About this item
- 10,000 BTU Liquid Propane heater to heat spaces up to 250 square feet.
- Blue flame burner for even convection heat.
- Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS). CSA Certified
- Operating this heater at altitudes over 4,500 FT above sea level could cause the pilot/ODS to shut down the heater.
- Legs and wall mounting hardware included
The Mr. Heater MH12HB Hunting Buddy Portable Space Heater is a reliable and efficient heating solution for those who love hunting or spending time outdoors. With a compact design and a weight of just 9.5 pounds, this heater is easy to transport and can be used in a variety of locations, such as hunting blinds, cabins, or tents.
The Hunting Buddy Portable Space Heater has a heating capacity of up to 12,000 BTU per hour, enough to heat spaces to 300 square feet. 3.6 hours on low / 1.8 hours on high. It also features a safety shut-off feature, automatically turning the heater off if it is knocked over or the pilot light goes out.
One of the most notable features of the MH12HB Hunting Buddy Portable Space Heater is its compatibility with a 1-pound propane cylinder. This makes it convenient for hunters or outdoor enthusiasts who need a portable heating solution that can be easily refueled while on the go.
Overall, the Mr. Heater MH12HB Hunting Buddy Portable Space Heater is an excellent choice for anyone who needs a compact and efficient heating solution for their outdoor activities. With its safety features, easy portability, and compatibility with 1-pound propane cylinders, this heater will keep you warm and comfortable during your next hunting or outdoor adventure.
About this item
- Swivel regulator and single control
- Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS)
- Accidental tip-over safety shut-off
- Runs off a 1lb. cylinder or connects to a 20lb. cylinder with optional hose and filter (Propane not included)
The Mr. Heater MH11BFLEX Buddy Flex Heater is a portable propane heater designed for outdoor and indoor use. It features an 8,000-11,000 BTU heating capacity, making it suitable for heating up to 275 square feet of small to medium-sized spaces. The heater is equipped with a swivel regulator that allows for easy installation of the propane cylinder and a fold-down handle that makes it easy to carry and store.
The MH11BFLEX Buddy Flex Heater also features an integrated fan that helps distribute heat evenly throughout the room. The fan operates on four D-cell batteries or can be powered by an AC adapter (sold separately). The heater has a low oxygen sensor and an accidental tip-over safety shut-off system that ensures safe operation.
The heater comes with a 1-year limited warranty and is certified by CSA International for outdoor and indoor use. It also meets all North American safety standards.
The Mr. Heater MH11BFLEX Buddy Flex Heater is a portable propane heater with an 8,000-11,000 BTU heating capacity, swivel regulator, fold-down handle, integrated fan, low oxygen sensor, and accidental tip-over safety shut-off system.
- 11,000 BTU Omni-directional radiant heat
- High wind resistance technology
- Variable output control for efficient fuel consumption (8,000-11,000 BTU)
- Patented overheat safety shut-down technology
- Integrated heater and accessory controls
- Quick connect gas and accessory system
The Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B Little Buddy is a portable propane heater designed for outdoor and indoor use. It is manufactured by Enerco Group Inc., a company based in Cleveland, Ohio, that specializes in portable heating and cooling products. The Little Buddy heater has a heating capacity of up to 95 square feet and can run for up to 5.6 hours on a single 1-pound propane cylinder. It features an automatic shut-off system that turns off the heater if it is tipped over or if the oxygen level in the room drops below a safe level.
The Little Buddy heater is designed for various settings, including camping trips, hunting trips, outdoor sporting events, and emergencies. It is easy to transport and set up, with a fold-down handle and swivel-out regulator, allowing easy installation of propane cylinders.
One of the key features of the Little Buddy heater is its safety system. The heater is equipped with an automatic shut-off system. The heater will automatically turn off if it is tipped over or if the oxygen level in the room drops below a safe level. This makes it a safe option for indoor and outdoor use in enclosed spaces like tents or cabins.
In addition to its safety features, the Little Buddy heater is also known for its efficiency. It uses radiant heat technology to warm up small spaces quickly and efficiently without wasting energy or propane.
Overall, the Mr. Heater F215100 MH4B Little Buddy is a reliable and efficient portable propane heater ideal for outdoor and indoor use in small spaces. Its safety features and ease of use make it a popular choice among campers, hunters, and anyone needing portable heating.
- Indoor-safe portable propane heater for rooms up to 95 square feet. THIS UNIT IS NOT INTENDED FOR GOLF CART USE OR MOTORIZED VEHICLES.
- Continuous odor-free, 45-degree heating angle. Maximum Elevation (Ft) 7000 Feet. Automatic low oxygen shut-off system (ODS). Perfect solution for heating small enclosed spaces like tents to 95 square feet
- Simple on/off buttons; uses a 1-pound disposable propane cylinder (not included). Run time at minimum BTU and maximum BTU is 5.6 hours. Do not operate heater in any moving vehicle. This heater requires a vent area of 4 square inches minimum for adequate ventilation during operation
- Low-oxygen sensor and accidental tip-over switch with auto shut-off for safety. THE USE OF UNAUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
- Recommended for emergency heat, tents, campers, workshops, job sites, porches, patios, decks, garages, storage buildings, picnics, tailgate parties, construction trailers, sporting events, barns, sheds, hunting blinds, shelters, and ice fishing shanties
5. Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater, Red-Black
The Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX is a portable propane heater designed for indoor and outdoor use. It features a maximum output of 9,000 BTUs and can heat up to 225 square feet. The heater uses a swivel regulator and can be connected to a standard 20-pound propane tank.
One of the key features of the Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX is its safety features. It has an automatic shut-off system that will turn off the heater if it is tipped over or the room’s oxygen levels become too low. The heater also has a built-in sensor that will shut off the unit if it detects high levels of carbon monoxide.
The Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX is popular for camping, hunting, and other outdoor activities. It is also commonly used as a backup heat source during power outages or as a primary heating source in small spaces such as cabins or RVs.
Regarding maintenance, Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX requires regular cleaning and inspection to ensure proper operation. The manufacturer recommends cleaning the unit after every 20 hours of use and inspecting it for damage before each use.
Overall, the Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX is a reliable and efficient propane heater well-suited for indoor and outdoor use.
- 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 225 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100 percent efficient.
- The heater may shut off when operating at altitudes over 7,000 FT above sea level.
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if the pilot light goes out, or if it detects low oxygen levels. Fuel Consumption/Burn Rate (Gal/Hr) at 4000 BTU = 0.044 Gal/Hr, at 9000 BTU = 0.099 Gal/Hr
- Fold-down handle; swivel-out regulator; connects to propane tank (not included); Run Time (Hrs at Max BTU): 3 Hours.
- THE USE OF UNAUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES/ATTACHMENTS WITH THIS HEATER IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED, MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY, AND WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.
6. Mr. Heater F274830 MH18BRV Big Buddy Grey Indoor-Safe Portable RV Propane Heater (4,000, 9,000, and 18,000 BTU)
Having a reliable heat source is essential when the weather starts to get cold. The Mr. Heater F274830 MH18BRV Big Buddy Indoor-Safe Portable RV Propane Heater is an ideal solution for those seeking a reliable, safe, and efficient way to stay warm.
This powerful propane heater is designed to be used indoors and offers three different heat levels (4,000, 9,000, and 18,000 BTU). The Big Buddy has a low-oxygen shutoff system and tip-over switch to ensure safe operation. Additionally, the heater has an easy-start electronic ignition and a built-in thermostat to help maintain comfortable temperatures.
The Big Buddy also offers a variety of additional features to make operation easy and efficient. The heater is equipped with a two-stage operation that conserves propane while in use and has a run time of up to 14 hours on a single 20-pound tank. It also features a swivel regulator to ensure easy connection to propane tanks.
The Big Buddy is also designed with convenience in mind. The heater has a fold-down handle and wheels for easy portability and storage. The Big Buddy is also lightweight, weighing only 24.5 pounds, making it easy to take on the go.
Whether you’re camping, in a cabin, or in an RV, the Mr. Heater F274830 MH18BRV Big Buddy Grey Indoor-Safe Portable RV Propane Heater is a great choice for keeping you warm and comfortable. With its reliable performance, safety features, and portability, the Big Buddy is an excellent choice for those seeking a reliable heat source.
About this item
- 4, 000- to 18,000-BTU radiant heater for spaces up to 450 square feet. Approved for indoor/outdoor use; clean-burning; nearly 100-percent efficient
- The heater may shut off when operating at altitudes over 7 000 FT above sea level.
- Auto shut-off if tipped over, if the pilot light goes out, or if detects low oxygen levels
- Low, medium, and high heat level control knob for steady temperatures; connects to propane tank (not included)
7. GASLAND MHA18B Propane Heater, 18,000 BTU Warm Area up to 450 sq. ft, Portable LP Gas Heater for Garages, Workshops, and Construction Sites, Ultra Quiet Propane Radiant heater with LP Regulator Hose
Are you looking for a reliable and high-quality propane heater? You should check out the GASLAND MHA18B Propane Heater. This heater is compact yet powerful, ideal for heating small spaces such as cabins, garages, and workshops.
It has a heating output of 18,000 BTUs and can heat a space of up to 450 square feet. One of the standout features of this propane heater is its safety features. It has an automatic shut-off function if the heater tips over or the room’s oxygen levels drop too low. A built-in pressure sensor ensures the propane is at the correct levels for safe operation.
The heater has a convenient control panel that makes adjusting the temperature and controlling the fan speed easy. Plus, the heater is easy to install and has all the necessary hardware to mount it on a wall.
Overall, the GASLAND MHA18B Propane Heater is a reliable and efficient option for anyone who needs to heat a small space with propane.
Are portable propane heaters safe for indoor use?
If important safety precautions are taken, portable propane heaters can be safe for indoor use. First, choosing a heater specifically designed for indoor use is very important. These heaters should have safety features such as an automatic shut-off if the heater is accidentally tipped over or if the oxygen levels in the room become too low.
It is also important to carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions for safe use and installation. This may include setting the heater up in a well-ventilated area, keeping it at least three feet away from combustible materials (such as curtains or furniture), and regularly inspecting it for any signs of damage or wear. Furthermore, it is important to ensure that the propane tank is properly connected and secured to the heater and stored safely away from any ignition sources.
Following these guidelines, portable propane heaters can be a safe and efficient way to heat indoor spaces.
Yes, it’s important to have proper ventilation when using a propane heater because propane can produce harmful gases, such as carbon monoxide. Proper ventilation ensures that these gases are safely removed from the occupied space.
It’s recommended to use propane heaters in a well-ventilated area or to open windows and doors for fresh air circulation. Additionally, it’s important to regularly maintain the heater and ensure it’s in good working condition to prevent the buildup of dangerous gases.
How long will a 20-pound propane tank run a camper heater?
To determine how long a 20-pound propane tank will run a camper heater, it’s important to know the BTU rating of your heater and consider the efficiency factor. A 20-pound propane tank holds approximately 4.7 gallons of propane. Here’s a formula to compute the number of hours:
Hours = (Tank Capacity * 91,502 BTUs per gallon) / (Heater’s BTU Rating * Efficiency Factor)
Assuming an average camper heater with a 15,000 BTU rating and an efficiency factor of 80%, the calculation would be:
Hours = (4.7 * 91,502) / (15,000 * 0.8) ≈ 17.67 hours
In this case, a 20-pound propane tank would run the camper heater for approximately 17.67 hours. This example can vary depending on your specific heater’s BTU rating and efficiency factor.