Table of Contents
5 Tips to stop cats from escaping your RV | Stop your cat getting out
Many people have to leave their pet cats with friends or family before they have to travel, and they end up spending the vacation missing or worrying about their cats. Instead of doing this, one has the option to take their feline pets with them on their vacations. Cats love exploring, and going on an adventure would make them happy. However, when one considers taking their feline friends on vacation with them, one of the biggest concerns is what if they escape? Well, we have a guide on how to keep cats from escaping from your RV.
Habit and routine matter a lot for a cat’s comfort and peace. Removing them from environments that they know can make them anxious and scared. You need to plan appropriately to keep your cat escaping from your RV when you are on the trip. If you put in time and effort, the trip can be fun and memorable for you and your feline companion.
Last update on 2023-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Tip 1: Prepare your cat
First and foremost, the best idea would be to prepare your cat for the upcoming travel. If you are prepared, your cat will be less likely to react negatively to the movement or other factors that come with traveling. This is a good way how to keep your cat from escaping from your RV.
Of course, it will take some time to make your cat comfortable with traveling in an RV. Before embarking on a long trip, it would be good to take your cat on a short trip in the RV. An excellent way to keep your cat from escaping from the RV would be to load it in a ZaneSun Cat Carrier, Soft-Sided Pet Travel Carrier before short trips.
Don’t worry if your cat cries during this short trip. The unstable movement will frighten it since it is not custom to the movement and sounds. After a few short trips, it will be ready for a more extended trip, and you can take it for your vacation. You can move some of their favorite toys or blankets into the RV to make them more comfortable.
You can also let your cat wander and play around in the RV while parked in your yard. The more familiar and comfortable your cat is with the RV, the easier the trip will be for both of you.
It will help to know your feline friend’s personality. If your cat is used to being indoors, it may initially freak out when it goes outside. However, it will adjust more quickly to the RV’s inside than a cat used to the outdoors. Such a cat may try to run out of the RV, so you need to keep her on a Cat Harness and Leash to stop her from escaping from the RV.
Leash training is not easy, but it is a good idea to help prepare for travel. It will be an asset to ensure that your cat does not escape from your RV. Similarly, a cat that gets bored easily and starts to wander around should also be put on a leash to stop her from leaving the RV. Initially, some cats panic when put on a leash, while others lie down and refuse to move. Hence it would take some time to train her properly.
Tip 2: Prepare your RV to keep cats from escaping the RV
Another good idea would be to prepare your RV to accommodate your cat during the trip and keep your cat from escaping from the RV. Of course, you would need to consider the amount of space available in the RV that you can work with.
Putting a cat cave inside the RV may make your cat more comfortable. It is a hidden place that cats love, and it’s also a good resting place for them. Remember to place them in a more relaxed place than the rest of the RV.
Most RVs have a lot of windows that a cat can escape from. Hence, keeping your vents, windows, and doors closed would be smart. For this, you might need to keep the AC on, but this way, there would be no way for your cat to escape.
When you are entering the RV, peek inside to see if your feline friend is hiding close by, as it might make a run for it. Even while you are leaving, please make a point to know where your cat is, and don’t dwindle in the doorway. Open and close the door quickly so it does not have a chance to make a break for it.
It will also protect them from any other wildlife that might enter. You could set up a mesh screen for more safety to provide another layer of protection when the door is open.
Tip 3: Make the RV more comfortable for your cat
To make your RV more comfortable and homely so that the cats don’t escape from the RV, you should focus on providing distractions and comfortable living quarters inside the RV. Extra comfort inside the RV will keep your furry friend busy, and most cats try to escape only when they are bored in a confined place.
Things like Wall Mounted Cat Scratching Post toys will help keep your cats happy and satisfied. Folding cloth carriers are incredibly comfortable for cats inside moving vehicles, so that might be something to invest in before you begin your trip.
For cats that are used to having space to themselves to play or relax in, the transition to a closed-off cramped indoors of an RV for the entire day can be a daunting challenge to overcome. You can be sure that your cat will look for opportunities and ways to escape in such circumstances.
To keep the cat from escaping the RV, we recommend a Pet Care Cat Enclosure space. These are readily available at most pet stores, and for the kind of traveling and living that comes with RVs, outdoor enclosures for your cat are worth buying. When choosing which one to buy, consider an enclosure that is light and easy to fold up. Outdoor enclosures are great if your cat gets anxious about staying cooped up indoors.
Tip 4: Overall treatment of cats
You must focus more on your cats during the trip and be more careful than you might be at home. You have to treat them properly to keep the cat from escaping the RV.
We would advise you not to leave your cats in the RV alone. It would help if you also kept the temperature of the RV cool because being in a hot RV can be highly uncomfortable for our furry friends.
Moreover, it is essential to let your cats out outside for a few hours. This is particularly important for cats that prefer the outdoors and get agitated by being cooped up inside. Cats are undoubtedly moody pets, and their environment affects their comfort, behavior, and attitude.
Tip 5: Dealing with your cat escaping
Despite trying hard to keep the cat from escaping the RV, it is best to be prepared for the worst. In the case of a cat that is not used to being indoors or just does not like being in the RV, there is a substantial chance that it may try and succeed in escaping the RV. You should be prepared if such a case arises. The last thing you would want is for your cat to go missing.
First of all, you should prepare a way to bring the cat back when it runs out. Knowing how to do this can be a convenient skill, especially if your cat is one to run out each time it notices an open door. Keep a special treat that you can use every time it escapes, and try to use it only for this purpose. Make a clunking sound with a dish you use for wet treats, or shake a dry treat bag, and the cat will come back when it hears the sounds.
It would also be prudent to set up a way to track them when they escape. This is useful, especially if they escape and are out of sight.
You can easily purchase an Advanced Pet Tracking Collar for your feline friend. You can also opt for a simple device to track keys and attach them to your cat’s collar. However, if your cat has a breakaway collar recommended for safety, it may not do much to have a tracking device or your information tag attached to it. In such a case, you might consider getting them microchipped. Not everyone opts for this, but it is an effective way to help you find your runaway cat.
- FRESH AIR FUN: Fully-enclosed playset is made of a nylon mesh – let’s in fresh air and gives you a good view of your pets at play whether it’s indoors or out! And the mesh is durable too, enough to withstand energetic play and the occasional claw climb.
- SPOTS TO HIDE AND SNOOZE: Included cubby cubes are rearrangeable inside the structure, giving you plenty of ways to keep your cats engaged by mixing it up over time. Each is a perfect spot to curl up and get away from the action.
- GREAT FOR MULTI-CAT HOMES: Have more than one cat at home? No problem at all! Kitty City mesh playsets offer plenty of room for several pets to run, hide and chase. It’s a relatively small footprint in your home for all the energy it will help them burn.
- EASY ENTRANCE: A zip door in the side makes it easy for you to get into the Mega Kit – handy if you have a cat who’s curled up and just can’t be bothered to come out for dinner.
- ENDLESSLY EXPANDABLE: Want to create a complete cat fortress? Use tunnels to zip this piece together with other Kitty City mesh playsets to make an endless number of ways to keep playtime fresh for your cat.
- 🐱Outdoor Cat Enclosures-INCLUDES ONE CAT TENT ,ONE CAT TUNNEL – The cat tent with two big zipper doors, The cat tunnel can link to cat tent by zipper for cats to play. Cat tent and cat tunnel can be used together or separately.
- 🐱Better for Outdoor - Mesh is breathable and give your indoor cats a breath of fresh air without worrying about them getting hurt or running away. keeps your pets closer to nature.
- 🐱Easy to Clean and Storage- The tent and tunnel were made by mesh and waterproof oxford. they are easy clean-up. And there is lightweight & poratable design storage bag for travel. Perfect for your backyard or even your porch, balcony, or deck.
- 🐱Deluxe and Roomy Pet Enclosures - the Tent Dimensions: 47* 47* 18 In, the Tunnel Dimensions:12* 124In. With over 15 square feet of activity space, this outdoor Pet Mansion is large enough for multiple cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, and other small animals. To maximize playtime, there is plenty of extra space for toys, treats, litter box.
- 🐱SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Buy it NOW! If there is any issue that makes you feel unhappy about our product, we promise you a money refund.
- 【Expand Their Territory】Ignite your cat's sense of adventure with our Pawtenda Outdoor Cat Tent. This innovative play haven allows your furry friend to explore the great outdoors safely, expanding their territory and providing a thrilling environment for endless curiosity and discovery.
- 【Engage the Senses】With its captivating design, our cat tent stimulates your feline companion's senses like never before.The high-strength mesh panels offer panoramic views, immersing your cat in the sights, scents, and sounds of nature, while ensuring optimal airflow and protection from unwanted intruders.
- 【Unleash Their Inner Hunter】Inspired by their primal instincts, our cat tent features a dynamic tunnel system. These winding pathways create an exhilarating hunting experience, as your cat dashes, pounces, and stalks imaginary prey. Watch in awe as they unleash their inner hunter and stay entertained for hours on end.
- 【Durability for Outdoor Adventures】Crafted from premium, weather-resistant materials, our Pawtenda Outdoor Cat Tent is built to withstand the elements and provide lasting outdoor enjoyment. Its sturdy construction ensures stability, while the reinforced bottom prevents any escape attempts, giving you peace of mind during your cat's outdoor escapades.
- 【A Curved Path to Play】Watch in awe as your cat gracefully navigates the thrilling curved pathway, showcasing their agility and unleashing their playful spirit. The unique design adds an extra level of excitement and stimulation to their everyday dventures.
- Outdoor Cat Enclosures: The cat playpen includes a big cat tent and a surround tunnel, it use for both indoor and outdoor cats, rabbit and and other small Pet animals. The cat outdoor playpen enclosed allow your pets to safely enjoy a day in the sun, a large playpen you can set up toys, treats, litter box to maximize pet's playtime.
- Breathable & Durable Mesh Materials：The mesh is breathable and give your indoor cats a breath of fresh air without worry getting hurt or running away. Steel framing ensures durability while the solid oxford fabric base can prevent pet claws from getting stuck while running around and durable enough to withstand vigorous gaming.
- Dual Use in Outdoor and Indoor: It is a safe cat outdoor play area for small pets in your backyard at home, outdoor camping, picnics, or on the beach, without fear of your pet getting lost or having an accident. The large cat enclosures also can be used as a cat house, cat delivery room, or cat nursery to provide a safe place for small pets and mother pets.
- Lightweight & Easy to Setup: The catio outdoor cat enclosure is foldable, so it is easy to carry, store and assemble, it only takes 1 minute to connect the tunnel and tent to complete the construction of the game center for your cat. And is very convenient and perfect cat tents for outside camping and vacationing. Take the entertainment with you anywhere, so your pet is never bored!
- Full Expansion Sizes：Cat Tents width & height after expansion 47.24' x 18.11 inch (120 x 46cm), one surround tunnel 11.8 * 122 inch (30*310cm). With over 15 square feet of activity space. this outdoor Pet Mansion is large enough for multiple cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, and other small animals.
- -Five Items! : A cat mesh tent, a cat mesh tunnel, and a cat mesh playhouse, also come with a Cat Harness and Leash for Walking, and a Tease cat ball. The three parts can be used together or separately. Suitable for cats, rabbits guinea pigs, ferrets, and other small animals.
- -Foldable & Lightweight: The portable mesh design is easy to fold and install for travel and storage. The pet mesh tent requires assembly, whereas the pet tunnel and pet playhouse are pop-up designs that are ready to use the moment they are opened.
- -Outdoor Use: It is a safe cat outdoor play area for small pets, allowing pets to gradually receive socialization training, wear a Cat Harness and Leash for Walking to play more peace of mind in your backyard at home, outdoor camping, picnics, or on the beach, without fear of your pet getting lost or having an accident, play safely with your own pet whenever and wherever!
- -Indoors Use: Cat outdoor play tent can be used as a cat house, cat delivery room, or cat nursery. Happy habitat cat tent can provide a safe place for small pets to move around and a comfortable resting area for mother pets. The large space inside the tent ensures that the pets can run and play freely with our cat toys---a cat teaser ball.
- -Mesh material: This catio tents is made of a polyester mesh, which is extremely durable and easy to clean. The mesh design ensures ventilation, even in the summer, and the use of this tent. Cat tents for outside have 360° view provides pets with safe access to sunlight and scenery while also allowing owners to watch their pets' at any time.
- ★Install the upper part of the hutch on the reverse side to face the indoor window to connect the house. The lower part faces to the outdoor. This allows your pets to enter freely in & out through the enclosure.
- ★Cat catio cage on 4 wheels for easily move.2 of them are brake casters to fix well and keep safe.Waterproof asphalt roof are perfect for outdoor and indoor use.
- ★Spacious and seperate space for 2-3 cats and other small pets,no weight limit.2 big front doors and 2 small pulled up access doors with hook for easy catching you pets.
- ★Cat condo with removable bottom PVC layer for easy cleaning.3 tier wooden cat playpen with 3 platform and small resting house inside to make much fun for pets.
- ★Upgraded version of the surrounding reinforcement wooden strip structure the product more robust and durable.Pre-drill screw holes, easy to set up! Made of 100% Solid Fir Wood.
- Visible Mesh Fabric: Fully enclosed tunnel design. Cube and tunnel both can be fully enclosed for use, whether indoors or outdoors, you can enjoy your cat playing! The mesh is also durable enough to withstand vigorous gaming.
- Self-Locking Zipper Doors: Self-locking zipper doors are set on each cube and tunnel, allowing you to arrange cubes and tunnels to your liking, as well as choose the best access point for your home for your cat.
- Unlimited Expansion: Use your imagination to build a cat playland! Use this mesh set to connect with other INTURN mesh play sets to create countless ways to keep your cat fresh for playtime.
- Foldable and Portable: Easy to store and carry product size, pop-up design, no need to assemble, it only takes 1 minute to connect the tunnel and tent to complete the construction of the game center for your cat.
- Multi-use Place - Great for multi-cat households, can be used indoors, gardens, parks. Comes with ground pegs for securing the play tent to the grass.
- ❤【Extra Large Exercise Place 】The cat cage is ideal for 1 to 3 cats, also suitable for small pets like guinea pigs, ferrets, rabbits, etc. Spacious cat crate provides room for even the most energetic cat. Your fuzzy little friend will be the king of his/her very own castle in the SUPER DEAL cat kennel. This spacious enclosure will make sure your pets stay fresh and happy all the time. Cat cage cat crate cat kennel
- ❤【Quality accessories】Cat Playpen includes a FREE hammock, 2 cat resting platforms & 2 metal ladders for easy positioning in your cat cage. This spacious cat kennel will make sure your pets stay fresh and happy all the time. Cat playpen cat cage cat kennel
- ❤【Heavy duty and durable construction】Our cat cage is constructed with a sturdy, strong metal wire metal, this great-looking cat kennel is finished in a black finish that will look sharp in any décor. This cat crate is rust- and rot-proof, thereby further establishing its long-lasting nature. Making it perfect for a domestic environment. Cat cage cat kennel cat crate
- ❤【Easy to Cleaning】Large cat cage is built in 3 oversized front opening doors for easy and full access to the cat playpen. Large base slid-out tray of cat crate closely attached by an artful locking buckle provide easy cleaning of the cats litter box. Cat cage cat playpen cat crate
- ❤【Easy to set up】This cat cage is a must have for any dog lovers. Quality of our cat playpen constructed with simple assembly instructions will set up in 30 minutes. Our cat crate assembles and comes down quickly which is very important as you don't want to be wasting tons of time while enjoying time off. dog playpen pet playpen puppy playpen.Cat cage cat playpen cat crate
- ★Cat catio with 6 plastic platform spacious sleeping houses offer super soft and safe lounging spots, give your feline friends a luxurious napping experience and bask in the sun.
- ★Upgraded Load-bearing metal frame structure the product more robust and durable,4 tier cat playpen with 6 platform inside to providing kittens with more climbing space.
- ★Oversized convenient 4 front doors allow people to access the cat enclosure to interact with the pets, while making cleaning easier
- ★Innovative design: Remove two panels to connect the house. This allows your pets to enter freely in & out through the enclosure.
- 【DIY Enclosure】 The panels we provide are enough to assemble a complete cat apartment,You can complete a satisfactory cat cage according to the different scenes and sizes in your own home
- ALLOWS INDOOR PETS TO SAFELY ENJOY A DAY IN THE SUN SAFE FROM PREDATORS – Perfect for everyday use on your deck, lawn, balcony, and more. Allows cats and other small pets to safely enjoy a day in the sun with a 360-degree view while keeping unwanted predators out. We recommend testing the playhouse indoors prior to outdoor use.
- PERFECT PLAY TENT FOR CATS AND SMALL ANIMALS – With over 30 square feet of activity space, this outdoor playhouse is designed to provide a safe play environment for cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, and other small animals. To maximize playtime, there is plenty of extra space for toys, treats, and doing what they love - Run, chase, pounce, and tumble!
- IDEAL FOR BOTH OUTDOOR AND INDOOR USE: Breathable, mesh fabric keeps your indoor cat or small pet closer to nature and protects them from annoying bugs and preditors. Mesh sides and bottom allow for easy clean-up. Indoors the tent is ideal for kittens, isolating an injured pet, or introducing a new pet. Material: Polyester, Mesh
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE DESIGN FOR TRAVEL WITH EASY SETUP - Portable, lightweight design makes transporting your cat tent simple. Compact design easily folds into a convenient carry bag for travel, storage, and convenience. Setup of this portable cat tent is a breeze with our easy pull string design. Perfect for camping, a picnic, or a day at the beach
- INCLUDES ONE CAT TENT AND ONE CAT TUNNEL – Includes one cat tent and one cat tunnel with a zippered door at both ends. Cat tent and tunnel can be used together or separately.
Last update on 2023-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Understandably, you would not want to leave your cat behind when you are going on a trip, especially a long one, but someone who has not traveled with cats before would be pretty concerned about ways to keep your cat from escaping from the RV. However, with the guide we have created, you should prepare adequately and have an excellent and fun trip with your furry friend.